Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > General Fly Tying

Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 PM

Default My wife is going to murder me

Okay; so my wonderful wife (who suffers from obsessive cleaning disorder) is out for the day.... and I've plunged head first into a closet packed full of fly tying stuff.... (Forty years of it).

This collection of feather. furs, hooks, synthetic of every discription, carpet scraps etc. is now strewn all over the dining room and living room in my feeble attempt to bring "order" to absolute chaos.... been "sorting" stuff that has been "unsorted" for the last three years since I moved to TN from Maine. I have missed my old 12 by 24 foot FLY TYING ROOM and my stuff has been relegated to tote storage and "randomly mixed" in a fashion that makes it impossible to find what I require at any given moment inspiration might strike to tie a fly regardless of composition..

Now I have a Fly tying room that scarcely measures 10 x 10 and also houses my "other gear", ammo cans, books, clothes, computer, business stuff. over 24 spin/ baitcasting rods, a zillion fly rods, fly reels and all kinds of bizzare stuff that's wicked important (at least to me).

I'm in deep trouble when she comes home from being WAXED all over today; there's just no solution for this situation.

All I can say is that if she kills me I hope you all get invited to the "WIDOW'S SALE" and get some really awesome bargains.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 AM

You are silly...Hope you were able to get organized. I keep buying organization boxes, etc. for my gear and it seems like I make more of a mess.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 AM

If she sells it for what you told her it costs..........have someone let me know when the sell starts
Old 02-26-2013, 12:19 PM

Hmm, we haven't heard from him lately have we?

Wonder when the sale starts?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:52 PM

I'm alive; took over 8 hours to sort it out and got a bunch of plastic "sterilite" boxes. Sorted by basic material type but as so many materials are "cross-over" in nature (like peacock herl) it cannot be sorted by fly type very easily.

Tossed out nearly all my nymphs from the fly boxes... not because they didn't work but due a need to tie up some pretty extreme patterns and not having any "old reliables" means I be forced to fish them..