Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-12-2013, 09:18 AM

Default Wears Valley Ranch

I have been asked to do a fly-casting and fly-tying demo at the Wears Valley Ranch. The ranch is a Christian home for children located in Wears Valley in Sevier County. I would like to have a few volunteers to join me to reduce the child to instructor ratio. The date is Friday, April 19th, and the time is 10 to 1. If you are interested in helping me either doing a tying demo or helping kids learn to cast, or both, and would like more information, you may e-mail me at grampusjim@comcast.net.

This is one of those golden opportunities to share ourselves and our passion with less fortunate kids. It's one of those moments we will find ourselves walking away having gotten the better end of the deal!

Thanks,
Jim Parks
Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 PM

We have been a host family for the ranch in the past. The ranch is an awesome ministry to youngsters from broken and dysfunctional homes. While I can't be there that day I will assure anyone who goes that these are the most respectful and well behaved children you will meet. They teach them right from wrong on the ranch. Pastor Woods does an exceptional job with them.

46r