Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-03-2013, 04:32 PM

Default April/May Southern Trout Magazine up

The April/May issue of Southern Trout Magazine released today. It marks one year of publication. I personally invite everyone to take a look at it and tell us what you think.

Most one year olds can walk, but STM is still crawling. The baby is growing through, numbering almost 160 pages this issue. I am told she looks like her daddy, but as my favorite uncle often reminded me, "momma's baby, daddy's maybe." I suppose STM has several fathers, but let's not digress into that sort of stero typing. STM's a cuddly cutie I can't help but smile when talking about her.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:45 AM

Don, great job by you and the crew... again!

http://www.southerntrout.com/mag

I especially enjoyed reading The Secret of Rocky Fork by George Grant. George recommended I fish it way back in the day. He along with Eddie Wyatt at Mahoney’s helped my son and me gear up for the sport and provided fun times while there. I loved fishing the stream. The trail provides kids of all ages some great views of the trout from atop a number of rock perches. Kudos to Dave Ramsey on his initiative, the result of which promises a brighter future for the wonderful drainage than might have otherwise occurred.

– JF

Last edited by JoeFred; 04-05-2013 at 07:43 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 06:40 AM

Don,
I enjoyed the read as well. Great information and history you have about our sport! I have a special fly pattern ready for your next issue!
to choose, to respond, to change.”