Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM

Default everglades on fire

spent the last 2 sundays fishing the the everglades with my son and neighbor, over 100 fish each day in 4 hours of fishing a combo of fly,spin and casting. If your coming this way sawgrass and any of the canals and WLMA [holeylands] are giving up big numbers. fish are small 1-2lbs but aggressive
Old 04-16-2013, 01:06 AM

Sounds great! I have done two paddling trips in the Everglades backcountry (saltwater) and had a blast both times. I assume you are chasing largemouth bass in freshwater? Post some pictures if you can! I miss that area... Thanks for sharing!
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 PM

yes, this is freshwater everglades. we are catching largemouth,warmouth,crappie,mud fish,mayan cichlids,gars,oscars and several other pan fish'. The catch is about 80% largemouth. I've never been a picture taker, I guess I should start, which means I would have to learn to post on this forum. I used to fish out of flamingo and chokoloskee alot but draging the boat there has become expensive, so it has become a less frequent trip. anyway 100+ fish in 3-4 hours is fun no matter what !!