Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 05-02-2013, 04:51 PM

Default A quick fun trip to the Soho

I was lucky enough to get to go on a quick trip up to the Soho with a day of fishing with my friends Patrick Fulkrod and Owen Plair. Patrick took us on a float for trout in his brand new 2013 CLACKACRAFT Eddy. I will need to try and get some of the pictures to post on here.

We were lucky enough to get on some great dry fly action in the late afternoon with the sulphers hatching.

This is a video that they did on Patrick's new boat that has some of the fishing on video. I will post pics when I get them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOnxYbtYFBg

John
Old 05-03-2013, 06:50 AM

Excellent! I absolutely love the dry fly action! It is great to see a man so happy on the water and helping others enjoy the experience!

Thanks for sharing!
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 AM

With my recent lack of getting to do any fishing, even for redfish it was a welcome break. Here are some of the photos and some additional information that I did not have time to put in yesterday.

The day started a little slow, with action on subsurface midges or a squirmy worm on a dropper. Not a lot of action but we would steadily catch fish. I had one nice brown that I broke off on a olive colored midge nymph drifted right along a great looking grass edge. We had almost passed all of the areas where there are typically hatches and dry action with no luck, but late in the afternoon we started seeing more sulphers and finally some fish rising. For about an hour and a half the dry fly action was pretty non-stop. We also fished some with streamers and weighted line. I did not catch any this way, but I had some really nice fish that followed my fly, until I ran out of line to keep it moving. It did make for some excitement, seeing that big shadow getting bigger under the streamer. Owen did manage to catch several on a streamer. All in all a great day, the weather was great, the fishing was great and so was the company.

We wanted to get in a little wading on Tuesday morning before we had to head back to Beaufort, but the generation schedule didn't facilitate it. Still a lot of fun and good to be on the water in such a beautiful setting.

John

Last edited by JohnH0802; 05-03-2013 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: Took out one photo that was rotated 90 degrees for some reason.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM

John-

Thanks for the awesome report. Love being on the SoHO when the sulphurs are hatching!

Bill
Old 05-03-2013, 10:33 AM

I couldn't agree more, while I have fished the SoHo a couple of times this is the first where the sulphurs were hatching and it was a blast! Now I just need to figure out how to get more time fishing so that I can do it more often.

Tags
clackacraft, eddy