Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 06-11-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerG10 View Post
Being new to The Clinch, what is normal?
Tyler, here is a another link on the TVA site which shows the projected recreational schedule for the summer, but always check the actual generation schedule for updated info. http://www.tva.gov/river/recreation/sched_norris.htm

Looked for you Saturday after we finished the TU event, here is a pic of the only one I got Saturday afternoon, you know where, beautiful color and tail like a mermaid. I should have gone home right then, it seemed to shut down at 3PM and all I did was practice flytying with no further luck!

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"
Old 06-12-2013, 02:06 AM

Dang!
I knew this halcyon summer dream of a mid-week schedule would end!
Last week I had a day that will go down as one of my best days ever anywhere!
Would post pics but everyone would know where I was and I've done a lot of footwork to catch these fish.
Oh well, I guess I'll ride my dirt bike or go to visit the soho on weekends cause the clinch is a zoo on sat. and sun..
Sayonara weekday clinch, I lust for your return.
See you on the trails, I'll be the one muddying Coal Creek.
4X
Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 AM

Fourx, I feel the same way. I was loving getting to leave work and heading to the river. Perfect way to unwind. The Clinch is a Zoo on the weekends, Miller's area for sure. I have caught a lot of fish the past few Saturdays and had a lot of fun but I have been elbow to elbow and haven't really moved.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerG10 View Post
The Clinch is a Zoo on the weekends, Miller's area for sure. I have caught a lot of fish the past few Saturdays and had a lot of fun but I have been elbow to elbow and haven't really moved.
Traditionally, that is the case during sulfur hatches. I used to fish the Clinch on a weekly basis, and shortly after the sulfur hatch came into full swing I would take a break and let the masses have it. I actually preferred fishing the Clinch July thru September when the fish are hunkered down sipping #24 midges. I was quite comfortable fishing 2 or 3 midges 5 - 6' below an indicator in long slow pools. Many people I took with me got frustrated, but we sure caught some big and feisty trout. I am starting to regret giving up my access point down river this year, as it was always more relaxing to fish around 5 of those guys than 50 strangers up at Miller's...

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 06-12-2013, 09:56 PM

Travis I'm with you and vastly prefer midge mania to the sulfurs. The fish get so weird during the latter stages of the hatch and at times can be almost uncatchable. Sure it's kind of cool, but after decades of dealing with it I prefer the midge grind of late summer and generally catch more quality fish late in the heat. It all comes down to overall tonnage of food the fish must consume, they have to eat far more midges than sulfurs and therefore are more apt to make a mistake during midge season than sulfur season.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:13 AM

I heard that are starting work again on Monday and it will be back to the no generation all day schedule again...
Old 06-16-2013, 05:40 AM

I fished the weir pool Saturday Morning and was stunned at the low water level. I think they fixed the drains too well. TVA will need to run a pulse more often if it drains that effectively in my opinion.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Last edited by MadisonBoats; 06-17-2013 at 06:35 AM..
Old 06-16-2013, 10:46 AM

madison, was that you in the little aluminum boat near the tip of the island yesterday?

i too was amazed how low the water was when the kid and i pulled up. even my daughter, who doesn't much care for fishing noted how shallow the weir pond was
Old 06-17-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77punk View Post
madison, was that you in the little aluminum boat near the tip of the island yesterday?

i too was amazed how low the water was when the kid and i pulled up. even my daughter, who doesn't much care for fishing noted how shallow the weir pond was
I was out Sunday. However; I loaned my boat out Saturday to my friend so that he could take his little girls out fishing.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 06-17-2013, 06:31 PM

i must have misunderstood your earlier post. this boat was pretty small, barely big enough for the dude and the 2 fly rods he had. there was a trailer in the parking lot that had a carrier in it, basically 2 wheels, 2 landscape timbers and a handle. i figured the guy in the little boat had to be the owner. i was hoping to connect the dots back to you so i could ask a few questions...