Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-07-2013, 09:15 PM

Default Brownie

Brownie and I got out the other day and I tried to send him pics of the trip. I only had two decent pics but wanted to post them up because they won't go through my email for some reason and I wanted him to have pics of his first run and first fish in the Smokies.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:27 PM

Default Thank You

Thanks for putting that up and giving me something to remember my first Smoky Mountain trout I will hit you up later this week about a trip to the tailwater.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:04 AM

I see you're adapting quickly to southern life, Brownie. Do you find Smoky Mountain fishing drastically different from PA freestone fishing?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Sasquatch View Post
I see you're adapting quickly to southern life, Brownie. Do you find Smoky Mountain fishing drastically different from PA freestone fishing?
That was my first time out and it was more scouting than fishing, the stream we fished today was more like the Brookie streams in the mountains in PA but with wild rainbows , now the tail waters are a different story
Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 AM

Yeah, I've caught decent fish on that creek but we didn't get into any. I thought for sure we would get at least one around 10" as we had on some larger dries. I have to toss big bright dries these days as I can't see well, even with my glasses...just isn't the same. I fully understand the need for extra material these days! Yeah, hitting the tail water will produce bigger fish for sure. I think we will do well.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:41 AM

Smile

Nice post BRF

Good of you to help a brother out

Welcome to the forum Brownie and Sasquatch The Smokies always seem to make me "Hershey Park happy, Hershey Park glad! So many things to see and do, good times to be had"

We are used to being invaded from Michigan, Colorado, and Texas, but it seems we may have to add PA to that list
Old 08-08-2013, 09:50 AM

Brownie knows, but on PA Fly Fish, we get about a dozen threads a month with pictures of small rainbows caught in unsuspecting streams. Those forum posts are usually titled, "Wild rainbow!?" A hearty debate ensues on whether it is actually a wild bow, or a hatchery escape. Down your way, there ain't no question! Those bows are wild and beautiful! I'm just glad us yanks (oh wait...Brownie aren't you Anglish?) are welcome on your forum. People do get nicer the further away from NYC you get ;-)

The big question is, are there any good tobacco stores where I can get some good southern pipe tobaccy!?
Old 08-08-2013, 03:14 PM

Oh yes, several. I'll start you out looking up the "Gatlinburlier Tobacconist". Search their website.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:43 PM

Default Gatlinburlier!

Oh yeah! All of my pipe tobacco and pipes come from them and has for years. Cades Cove Cavendish is my favorite. Nice folks there.

Mike
Old 08-08-2013, 06:08 PM

Brownie is now a local. He lives and works here. He is English btw but contrary to popular belief, we didn't have to stop for tea at any point. He fished right along with me for 3-4 hours going up the mountain and I think I was breathing harder than he was, so no worries as to his fortitude either.