Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-11-2013, 12:05 PM

Default Tremont with FloatOn

FloatOn and I fished at Tremont yesterday and luckily the weather held out and we avoided the rain and thunder. It was lots of fun to fish with you FloatOn your'e a good guy.

Here are some photos from the trip, the fish were very co operative and we caught a lot of pretty Rainbows.Not much action on the dry but they were hungry for the dropper

Old 08-11-2013, 03:31 PM

Smile

Thanks for posting, looked like a good time.

I know I had a good time fishing with Float On when we went out.

You got lucky with the rain. A month ago it seemed it only rained in the Little River watershed, but the last few rains have totally spared it.

Brownie you seem to have made yourself a new home, and seem to blend in pretty good for a Brit Hopefully you will post plenty of reports in the future.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
Thanks for posting, looked like a good time.

I know I had a good time fishing with Float On when we went out.

You got lucky with the rain. A month ago it seemed it only rained in the Little River watershed, but the last few rains have totally spared it.

Brownie you seem to have made yourself a new home, and seem to blend in pretty good for a Brit Hopefully you will post plenty of reports in the future.
Thanks Ducky, I am enjoying myself here and look forward to meeting and fishing with more of you guys to see if you can understand me when I talk
Old 08-11-2013, 08:52 PM

First off I'm glad you had a good time and second I'm glad the fish were cooperative. I was a little concerned about the weather and I think we made the right decision to hit the middle prong instead of trekking back to Sam's. The heavy rain hit about 45 minutes after we got out of the stream.

I wish I had more pictures to share but I thought I caught the day on my GoPro but toward the end of the trip I went to check the battery and found out that the camera was not recording. I was in a bit of a rush and forgot to grab the memory card out of my computer.

Droppers were doing so well and since we started getting into the bigger pools I ended up at the end of the day just fishing a dropper and set it deep.

I actually caught this sub surface. The run was moving fast and pulled my dry down and that's when the fish hit it.

This one didn't want to pose for a picture. Like holding a wet bar of soap. One of the larger ones that Brownie caught.

Just wasn't fast enough on the camera.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. Next trip out I'll double check all my cameras to make sure they are ready to go.

Brownie looked like a natural to the small mountain streams. First pool first fish, I was thinking he'd fishing these streams for a while . I was playing catch up most of the day. I look forward to another trip.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Thanks FloatOn , I'm looking forward to fishing with you next weekend .
Old 08-11-2013, 11:32 PM

Sweet report! I was up on SAMs during this and sadly we weren't as fortunate with the rain. The lightning had his hunkered down for a bit too. It was a shame because the fishing was really really good before that storm came in. It was weird driving out, the water was pretty clear until about halfway down the gravel section and then it was chocolate milk. I didn't notice which feeder was causing this though.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:48 AM

I have always liked Sam's and we had planned to go on Daturday. Glad we didn't. Lightning is no good and fishing behind someone hurts too. Other than the lightning I'm glad it worked out for all of us.