Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-18-2013, 01:21 PM

Default Stunning!!!

Ducky,
That camera is a keeper. I am going to look into getting one tomorrow. Lovely, lovely, lovely
dk
Old 08-18-2013, 01:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to 2weightfavorite

I am quite opposite of many people. I have no problem keeping brookies and bows, but I have never kept a brown. Browns always have been and always will be my favorite...
Old 08-18-2013, 06:25 PM

Looks like a great trip Ducky, congrats and thanks for all the nice photos.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
On my optio under menu - under record Mode setting - under memory you can make camera remember a host of things. Your's may also have this option.
Ducky,

That was it. Don't know how I missed that in the owner's manual, but that is what I was looking for. Thanks for the advice.

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler
Old 08-19-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
On my optio under menu - under record Mode setting - under memory you can make camera remember a host of things. Your's may also have this option. I shoot in P mode 90% time. For fish close ups I always change focus mode to flower (macro), auto focus rest of time. Also while you can force faster shutter speeds by quickly pressing all the way down you will have lousy results, but if you press half way down and let it give you focus block you will be golden. if flash bothers pic, I may shoot one without a flash but I have never adjusted WB, Exposure, Metering or AF area (Except on whitewater where I use the snow mode) I also turn off the digital zoom.

I always am impressed with those willing to carry glass on the river. I for one am way too clumsy. I know I would fall and bust a lens or worse. My latest Optio - $45 shipped - Won't hurt too much WHEN I lose it
Where can it be purchased at such a good price Ducky?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 AM

Great post! Really enjoyed those bodacious speck pics!! I'm glad you guys had a good day and got a good meal to boot. I just took out a few that I kept from my last 2 Smokies trips, gonna grill them up tomorrow night for supper.
Sasquatch, I fished that creek in State College a coupel of years ago and several other nearby rivers. It was a little different but good experience. I stopped in the local shop and one of the guys there got in a conversation with me about warm water fishing and ended up giving me a couple of his flies he tied including a nice deer hair bug. Nice folks!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:32 PM

Great post and pictures, making me wish I was in the mountains. I went a long time where I would take less than 1% of my catch. After doing the research though on the numbers of fish and the size of the fish in the smokies I changed my tune. While I still do not keep many fish, I will normally take 5-6 fish on a 2-3 day trip. I actually think that we as a community have swung the pendulum so far over to the catch and release side of the ledger for our particular fishery. I think that keeping some fish is probably good for the smokies, but I still can't make myself keep many. I might keep 10-12 fish a year. I would keep more....if I could get up there more to fish!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran View Post
Sasquatch, I fished that creek in State College a coupel of years ago and several other nearby rivers. It was a little different but good experience. I stopped in the local shop and one of the guys there got in a conversation with me about warm water fishing and ended up giving me a couple of his flies he tied including a nice deer hair bug. Nice folks!
See, we have some nice folks north of the Mason Dixon line! I imagine you all don't have many limestone spring creeks down your way? Spring Creek is a dry fly fisherman's paradise in the spring time. It would definitely benefit from some harvesting though. There used to be BIG fish! Now there's a ton of fish, but nothin' big.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:27 PM

Sweet report! I, for one, am glad you have a camera again. That one fin clipped brookie, man what a specimen!