Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 08-27-2013, 06:03 PM

Default Nances Ferry

I plan on fishing there this Thursday and was wondering if anyone could help me out. First I plan on putting in a 14 foot aluminum boat with a 9.9 HP. Is this boat safe for this area and do they need to be generating. I looked at google maps and it looks like I would have to float downstream and use the motor to come back up. Does anyone know how far downstream I can float? Thanks in advance.
Steve
Old 08-27-2013, 10:11 PM

Do not go below the island, or you will have a miserable time getting back upstream. I would go down to the island, wade and then come back up
Old 08-28-2013, 06:17 AM

Thank you! I thought by looking at maps that was the case but was hoping some one with experience would help me out.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:53 PM

I fish over there with my v-hull jon boat also. I have floated all the way around the right side of the island a couple of times and waded back up the the left bank pulling the boat back up to where its deep enough to use the trolling motor to get back to the top of the island. Once you get about halfway down either side of the island it is very shallow and swift moving water. It deepens back up at the bottom of the island. Good fishing for smallmouth, white bass, at times, carp and the occasional starving hatchery trout. Pulling the boat back upstream by hand is not fun, but doable. I usually get there at daybreak and fish all morning down and then wade back up during the hottest part of the day, when fishing is usually slow, stopping for lunch in the shade , and then fishing again the afternoon /evening.

some good white bass fishing one morning.

shady areas on both sides of the island to escape the heat of the day and just wade fish.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:53 PM

That boat looks just like mine so I should be good to the top of island then. My plan would be to tie it off and wade from there. Thanks for all the help.