Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-25-2013, 07:38 PM

Default Nascar , Smallmouth and Rainbows - Not...... Jeff Gordon

Had the opportunity to watch the race last night in Bristol. While there I couldn't wait to take a friend who hasn't been able to fish very much lately to a local tailwater.

.....but today was his day.

We threw streamers with no success and he gets the idea of throwing a lure similar to a topwater bait with propellers not on a fly rod. The action was fast and furious for a couple of hours while I attempted to maintain boat control with the oars in hand. Side note: graduated to Sawyer oars and I must admit, the composite counterbalanced oars with Shoal Cut blade perform night and day over stock oars.

Here are a few of the many we were blessed with today to catch and then release.

\

Jason, the conversation earlier today reference open face reel, fly rod, bait caster and being a good all around angler was all about you,..... today my angling brother.

Glad I spent it with you!!!

Thank You,

Breck

Old 08-25-2013, 08:43 PM

Nice fish! What kind of boat were you all in?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:06 AM

Sandman,
We were in a Clacka. The water was at least a foot in even the skinniest of areas. I would advise trolling motor for the last three miles to the take out because there is no help with the current and the water was pretty dead.

I understand that if you put an electric motor on your boat what ever might be , you need the numbers that register your boat on it. If you are a paddle guy make sure you got some good ones or your engine is gonna overheat for sure.

Breck