Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-02-2013, 10:29 AM

Default no slam this trip

finally made it back to the smokies .we came up for our 10yr anniversary.only got to fish on sat.
went up to sams creek.started at the mouth were it runs into thunderhead and fished up to the second big fall.(she was getting tired and ready to go).fishing was great almost every pool either missed one or caught one.caught one rainbow all the rest were brookies.the rainbow was the only one caught on a dry the rest were on a green wennie dropper.
got to meet joe fred on the way out.very nice guy(and if you haven't seen any of his maps they are very nice and very helpful ).
we then went to lro to stock up on some flies,and then went to elkmont to try for a brown(did hang one but didn't get it to hand)
this was my second time ever fly fishing and fishing these small streams for these small fish is very addictive.will post pics as soon as the wife gets the cameras unpacked.
thanks to everyone on this forum and the fishing report I believe my attempt to catch fish in the smokies on a fly rod would have been futile.

[URL=http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/bmalugin/media/IMG_20130831_135152_212_zpscdbdca95.jpg.html][IMG]

Last edited by turk870; 09-02-2013 at 02:34 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 PM

Love that stream - never get tired of it. My son and I were up there on Friday and had a great time.

Hurry back!

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
bartonca@hotmail.com
Old 09-02-2013, 06:55 PM

Talking

Thanks for posting! I didn't remember who you were the guy from 24 till I saw your picture

Sam's is great. Next time you might want to hike up a bit further. Those lower falls are a pain to get around

Glad you were able to enjoy the Smokies on a sub one hundred degree weekend

And Charlie we need to get out The streams you fish are awesome but you need to add some more to your repertoire. I have a few you will love