Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-24-2013, 11:28 AM

Default Praise for National Park Service & Great Smoky Mountains Association

Thanks to the combined efforts of the National Park Service and Great Smoky Mountains Association for adding this product to the Official Online Park Store... just in time for Christmas shopping . The item is to be placed under various Store categories including “Fishing,” but for now it can be found at
http://shop.smokiesinformation.org/p...SB-Flash-Drive

Great Smoky Mountains National Park benefits from every purchase you make from GSMA. In addition, Saint Clair Mapping contributes from sales of this item directly to the Fisheries Scholarship Fund. I understand that more information about the scholarship may be in the works, perhaps through the Little River Chapter of Trout Unlimited.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:03 PM

Very nice, Fred. I love the park stores. They have such interesting books and local goods.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:42 AM

We were at Sugarlnds Visitor Center looking for books or maps last week. I saw nothing new. Did I miss your maps?
Old 09-27-2013, 02:15 PM

Rob, it's good of you to ask. The product is displayed on the wall behind the sales counter at Sugarlands, a space we were fortunate to be provided all things considered.

They are less obvious at the other VC stores as I've yet to ask other managers to let me provide a display board as shown. So they're either on a simple hook or just stacked on a shelf. I'm not complaining, mind you.

I don't believe it would be appropriate for me to lobby on behalf of other publishers (and anglers) to restore what was once space allocated for Fishing at some of the brick and mortar visitor centers. However, just this week, working with the new GSMA webmaster, five more of their existing publications were added to the virtual Fishing shelves, i.e., categorized.

This is a measure of restoring awareness of the wildlife... but hardly a renaissance thusfar.

Last edited by JoeFred; 09-27-2013 at 08:05 PM..
Old 09-29-2013, 12:15 AM

That's the ulterior motive I suggested a long time ago, I see it has now come to fruition.