Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 09-24-2013, 07:44 PM

Default New rod on the Clinch

Tried out my new TFO Lefty Kreh this morning and was impressed with the distance difference over the Cabella rod been using.

Arrived at 10:30 and had to leave at 1. Nice guy in the parking lot suggested 2 wet flys and said here try these. Fished current water below the weir. Nothing.

Decided to move to deeper pool just below the weir. Fish started to rise about 12 and switched 2 or 3 dry flies. Had three arm tingling strikes on an Adams Parachute Hi Res at 12:45. Hated to leave! I think I was in the right place at right time.

About 7 fishing around me about half bait casters.

Saw 2 fly guys walk straight across the river to a path on far bank. Where does that go to?

The TFO rod allowed me to cast above the rising fish and float by.

Really like the new rod!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:33 AM

I've had more than one person (who own multiple high end rods) tell me that the Lefty TFO rods are the best rods on the market for the price. Glad you like your new rod. I don't own one but have casted them and I was impressed as well. I've got an Orvis Clearwater II in 3 wt and a Cabela 5 wt that I use. I've also got a Reddington 8 wt for bass fishing but I've never fished it. None of my rods/reels cost more than $200 (I got a sweet deal on my Orvis rig). You don't have to buy $1000 rods to catch fish.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:08 PM

I use a 4wt 9ft lefty kreh both in the clinch and mtns(after a good line scrubbing) and it casts better than my St croix 5wt