Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-04-2013, 01:26 AM

Default Cabins?

Our family usually stays in a cabin big enough for only 4 or 5 of us when we visit the area. In November we have the whole gang of 8, 5 adults and three kids...that are planning to come up. Does anyone know of any cabins suitable that you could recommend? We plan to arrive on 11/11 and leave on 11/18 or the 19th...

Mike
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton
Old 10-04-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmike View Post
Our family usually stays in a cabin big enough for only 4 or 5 of us when we visit the area. In November we have the whole gang of 8, 5 adults and three kids...that are planning to come up. Does anyone know of any cabins suitable that you could recommend? We plan to arrive on 11/11 and leave on 11/18 or the 19th...

Mike
Mike, I own several cabins in the area - all of which are on trout streams.

Visit www.SmokyMountainFalls.com

Scroll down...these are the ones that I would recommend:

1. Cabin On River's Edge (great for families with a full basement/ gameroom). It has beds for 6, but it also has two sofas, and there is plenty of room for sleeping bags, etc. 8 is the max we allow. This cabin is very private and sets on 3 acres.

2. River Falls Cabin and River Falls Bungalow (real log cabins that I just purchased and completely outfitted with new furniture, HDTVs, wireless internet, upstairs gameroom/loft with PacMan multicade for the kiddos). The main cabin sleeps up to 6, and the bungalow sleeps up to 4. They are about 150 feet apart. You could rent them both and have a great time. They are in a heavily wooded area and are on 2 acres.

Both of these properties are right on a very nice, wide, and private section of Cosby Creek. I spent about 10 minutes fishing behind River Falls in late August and caught two 12-inch rainbows. Just right frying size!

Good luck!

Last edited by HuskerFlyFisher; 10-04-2013 at 12:16 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 02:20 PM

They are all nice! I saved the page, I'm going to have to give one of those a try. I've been looking a piece of land up toward Cosby creek for awhile. I'm in no hurry, but, just want something there where I can put the RV on a couple weeks in the summer to fish some and the family can commute to shopping.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:11 PM

Now is a great time to buy property in the smokies. If you buy the right property for the right money, it can be both a terrific vacation home and terrific investment.

I don't invest a dime in the stock market any more. Most of my savings and retirement $$$ goes toward cabins on the smokies.

I bought one in 2005 for $240K at the peak of the market, but I've made nearly the entire purchase price back in rents since then.

What other investment out there will deliver that, plus a free place of your own to stay when you visit the Smokies?
Old 10-04-2013, 08:12 PM

Default Thanks!!!

My daughter had located and booked a cabin before I received your response HuskerFlyFisher, but I plan to save your info for future reference and use.

Mikie
"Fly-fishing has many attributes, but none more pleasing than it's ability to liberate the young boy that still hides within me and to let that boy live again without embarrassment or regret, sorrow or anguish." Harry Middleton
Old 10-04-2013, 10:50 PM

Have fun! Nothing like November in the Smokies!