Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 12-04-2013, 02:35 PM

Default ELKMONT 12/2/13 or How TO SPEND A PERFECT MONDAY

OK, some pictures but no fish pictures today, three hits, two caught on my 2wt rigged with a size 12 tungsten bead head pheasant tail embarassingly small but fish on I'll take it. The water even though running fast and heavy was gin clear even on a cloudy day. As Byron has been posting on the fishing report you gotta get it down to see some results, as I mentioned the water was gin clear so I probably spooked 90% of them before I got to the water. I hit Elkmont about midday for a fast two hours, saw no one on the trail or the water, like my own private stream, a perfect Monday!

About 4PM jumped on some roadside casting going back down the road with a rod and reel I keep rigged with intermediate sink tip and a bead head #6 black stonefly just to test the hope blooms eternal theory in a gorge pool about twenty ft. deep with a heavy backflow off a cliff wall.
Great practice no luck!

Ended the day in the dark at Metcalf with a flock of turkeys tried to get their picture but by the time I got the camera out, just left their tracks behind streamside!

The last patch of snow on the trail going in!

Found this on the trail entrance at Elkmont, will ship at my expense to rightful owner if they will take me to the place where this is required.

Better than a Butterball!

End to a perfect Monday!

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"
Old 12-05-2013, 09:33 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsur View Post
Found this on the trail entrance at Elkmont, will ship at my expense to rightful owner if they will take me to the place where this is required.

Look like David Knapp must have come into town for the holiday

Thanks for posting a report