Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 11-04-2013, 10:56 AM

Default Fall Days & Winter Nights

Tuesday was my birthday, so I got to cut out of work friday and spend a long weekend in the mountains (sans wife & son). I packed a various assortment of gear, some hot dogs, and my old pooch and hit the road. We spent our weekend on a very long road in the national forest. I was a little dissapointed to not find any bigger fish, nor a brown or brook trout, which is a bit worrying, but overall it was a very relaxing weekend, although it got really cold at night. Never saw any bugs flying around, not even at night around the lantern, but the fish were eating dry flies 90% of the time. It was actually sort of disappointing, because i'd tied up a big box of nymphs, and hoped to drag them along the bottom, but I couldn't buy a nymph bite. I guess you can't complain when you're getting good action on top though.

A bit sad because he just got scolded for trying to grab my fish while it was still on the hook.

Homebrewed brown ale .

I'm sure many of you know where this is located, but as many times as I've been up and down this road, I've never seen this before. It was mounted in concrete on the side of a massive boulder off the side of the road. Kind of cool.

Buzz McManus, if you read this, will you shoot me an email? (Cody_Edrington at yahoo dot com). I had your email address (the ram appraisal one), but I've apparently written it down wrong, as my emails keep coming back as undeliverable.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:18 PM

Default email

I know exactly where that is! I'm suprised you never caught any brook trout. Glad to see you posting. Looks like you had a good time.

I'm sure you need my email so you can get my home address because you've got an extra 6 of that nut brown ale sitting around and you don't want to see it go to waste. Email on its way; as long as I can get yours from this post to my email on this stupid phone.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:25 PM

Nice post, you had all the essentials, beer and pint glass, oh and fish too! Thanks for the college of knowledge about the marker, not a bad quote to have on your memorial plaque "a top flight trout fisherman". We should all aspire to that!

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"
Old 11-04-2013, 12:41 PM

Default email

I know exactly where that is! I'm suprised you never caught any brook trout. Glad to see you posting. Looks like you had a good time.

I'm sure you need my email so you can get my home address because you've got an extra 6 of that nut brown ale sitting around and you don't want to see it go to waste. Email on its way; as long as I can get yours from this post to my email on this stupid phone.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:32 PM

Smile

Beautiful rainbow and scenery pics. Looks like for missing the Browns and Brookies you still did pretty well

Thanks for sharing and glad you could get away
Old 11-05-2013, 08:55 AM

We spent 4 days up there 3 weeks ago, brookies were scarce, browns were lower & the water was really low, dosen't look like there's been any rain since.
There is one gorge area where we can't buy a fish on the dry, all they hit is nymphs
Of course, between 5 of us, we fished several different streams & caught some nice fish.

Grumpy
Old 11-07-2013, 08:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to 2weightfavorite

fished up there a couple weeks ago...caught tons of bows out of that river, even up where the water is barely a trickle...but no brookies... Caught some browns on the larger rivers but none from that one either...
Old 11-07-2013, 08:36 AM

Cody,

Great post and Thank You for sharing. Email sent.

Breck