Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 12-19-2013, 12:23 PM

Default Photo help needed

I just got an email from Jay Nichols, editor at Stackpole Books in which he asked me for a spectacular "scenic fly fishing in the Smokie" image for use on my newest book, Flies and Fly Hatches of the Great Smoky Mountains. The book will be out this spring, that is of course if we can find a suitable image for its cover. Frankly, most of my good images are way too dated and I do not want to be on another cover.
To make a long story short, if you have a really cool image of fly fishing in the GSMNP, there is a lot of interest on our part to see it and possible use it. According to Jay, payment is "modest." He did quote a dollar amount. However, he did say that full credit will be given on the cover of the book, plus complimentary copies, etc.
It is helpful if the image is shot in a vertical format, but this is not essential. According to Jay, Image needs to be 300 ppi @ printed size. This is not a problem for any shot taken with a modern digital camera. If you any hot shots you would like for him to consider, please let me know. You can email me at don@southerntrout.com or call me directly at 205-665-2658
Old 12-19-2013, 01:08 PM

Don,
Too bad most of my photos are from tailwaters. I will look through some of my park photos and see if there are any that stand out and capture the MOMENT we all seek!
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 12-20-2013, 09:53 AM

Talking

Sweet! I'll look through my images and see what I've got. While my shots aren't nearly as nice as those who carry real glass, I have taken one or two shots in the last couple years