Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 12-12-2013, 10:05 PM

Default Hiwassee / Clinch Report Dec. 2013

Hope this report finds you and yours well!!

Those of you that have posted these last two months….Thank You. Helped get me through, losing a best friend unexpectedly. My mom. Nothing prepares a person for this and Thank God for Great Memories, pictures and remembering to not take one day for granted because they truly are gifts.

Spent this last month fishing with friends, sometimes alone, sometimes catching and most times just fishing and understanding as one door closes another opens.

So, here are a few pics of time well spent.

Frank lining up.

Nice Rainbow that Jason caught on a streamer.

I almost had a slam this day but missed it by a Brown.

This was a great fish brought in on the reel. Safely released.

This fish took a while to land and caught at least 5 like him.

27 Degrees on the Clinch and de- icing the guides every third cast, Frank getting ready..

This was a very cold day streamer fishing. Paying Dues. One day!!!!

Cold as it looks. Sun…..please come up!!

Heading home.

No one tells you how to prepare for the loss of a mom. Matter of fact I don't think I could ever bring the subject up to someone, even to the closest of friends. I can say this comfortably though, if you can…..call mom right now, tell her you love her and if you can…..take her fishing tomorrow. You won't regret it.

Thank You,

Breck
Old 12-12-2013, 11:44 PM

Breck,

I'm so sorry for your loss my friend. I will be praying for you and your family. Take care and hope you are able to get some more time on the water. It always helps me when I need to process difficult things...

David Knapp
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 12-13-2013, 09:40 AM

Smile

Thanks for the post and so sorry for your loss. My mother passed away unexpectedly a year before my kids were born so unfortunately I can relate what your going through. Be strong, and remember in time the memories that hurt to think about now will in time will be treasures again. Just try to make sure your sadness doesn't keep you engaged from your life. Glad to see your out fishing as Mother Nature has wonderful healing properties, and little things like just getting back to posting here on a regular basis is bound to help you move on

Take care my internet friend, and let's put that drift boat to use soon
Old 12-13-2013, 09:56 AM

Breck,
I am so sorry for your loss buddy! I cannot imagine the hurt and flood of emotions you have been going through. I offer my support to you as a friend and wish you blessings for things to come. You are a good soul and I see that your mother was a fabulous woman by the person she raised. May you take comfort in the fond memories and blessings you have of your mother and friend! Celebrate their life and cherish their memories!

Call me if you need me! Love the cold fishing day on the river. That is totally something I would do...

Blessings,
Shawn
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 12-13-2013, 01:11 PM

Default Thanks

Breck,

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in 1997, and that was tough enough. I just can't think about loosing my mom. She is a very special person like most moms are. Thanks for the reminder to let her know how special she really is.

The pictures were a nice reminder of what I have been missing. They are releasing water in the Elk; so between that and work, I have not been able to fish lately. I hope to get in a couple of days soon. Fly fishing is the only hobby that I have that I get completely lost in. It is a wonderful hiding place.

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:57 PM

Breck, I am shocked and lost for words, just so sorry to hear of your loss. I remember seeing your post just months ago with the trip you and your mother took on the Hiwassee; that post had me smiling from ear to ear thinking just how much fun that must have been. The joy of the time she shared with you that day was detected in her glowing smile, she certainly was an awesome woman/mother! You were blessed with the time you had with her, short as it seems.

Best wishes and blessings to you and your family my friend.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:27 PM

Sorry for your loss Breck. I lost my mom some years ago but think of her everyday. Don't be sad for what you've lost but be glad for the time you had with her. Nothing like Mom.
Lynn
Old 12-13-2013, 08:18 PM

Breck sorry to hear of your loss. My mom is all I have left as far as family goes and I do not know what I would do if I lost her. You will be in my prayers and I wish you the very best. Gods speed my friend.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:08 PM

Breck you are right nothing prepares you for this type of thing. We all know it is coming eventually but somehow we are never ready. My wife and I lost all of are parents between 1992 and 1996. While she has two brothers I was an only child. I know what you are going through. It is a very lonely and empty feeling. I am going on 65 years of age and still think about my parents. Those of you who still have your parents you should treasure your time with them!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:42 PM

I lost my mother back in 1989. I was already going through a divorce, it was just a tough year. I think about my mother from time to time and the grandchildren she never got to know. But, time is the great healer and eventually it does get better. Although i'm sure now you're feeling that you'll never get through it. You will.
Prayer is wonderful for healing because it will reaffirms your faith. Also keep going fishing. I'm sure that's what your mom would have wanted.
By the way great report.