Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 01-15-2014, 03:07 PM

Default New to Great Smoky Mountain Fly Fishing

I reside in Cookeville, TN about 2.5 hours from Townsend and the Little River Outfitters but am new to the Smoky's and the fly fishing streams. I am no longer a youngster and after numerous operations am limited to relative easy access areas to the streams. I am retired which means that I am usually available at the drop of a fly or the drowning of a nymph. If you feel you would be interested in showing a fellow fly fisher around, give me a call at 931 520-4061 or 931 349-0375.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:12 PM

Welcome to the board, Hank! I'd love to take in some fishing with you, but family health issues are keeping me out for a time. If you will drop me an email I'll give you a Park stream map or two. Please send to info@saintclairmapping.com.

I have been through Cookeville a time or two... closer to a thousand. Started in 1965 on the way from Bulls Gap to where I was courtin' a gal in Nashville. She and I still make the trip to the mid-state regularly.

Last edited by JoeFred; 01-21-2014 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: Had said "Crossville" Duhhh
Old 01-21-2014, 04:29 PM

Hey Fred,
Enjoyed your post about your courting days and the many mile you must have traveled. Enjoyed all except for the family health problems. Hope they are resolved quickly and beneficially. Yes, would love a map of the park and maybe a short list of some of your favorite streams, you can keep your favorite spots a secret. Hope to meet you soon and see you on the water.
Hank C
Old 01-21-2014, 05:14 PM

Hank, I'm just up the road from you in Crossville and head down to the Caney Fork fairly often when the generation schedule cooperates that is. Send me an email sometime if you would like to get out and fish together!
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 01-21-2014, 06:35 PM

David,
Would like to go fishing with you at your convenience. I noticed that your bio indicated that you are from Colo. I too was born and raised in Colo. Spgs., but prefer the mountains and streams of TN. Not that I don"t fish in Colo. My brother resides in Utah and once a year we try to meet at a destination there. I have read several articles on winter trout fishing and within certain parameters it sounds like fun. I try to get to the Caney Fork whenever the weather is not too severe and the water flow is reasonable and have yet to turn into an icecycle or have my rod guides freeze over. Well I've rambled enough. Just shout and give me five minutes to assemble the gear.
Hank C

Last edited by Hank C; 01-21-2014 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: tyypos
Old 01-28-2014, 09:45 PM

Hank if you get a chance to go with David put what ever you are doing on hold and go. That basically goes for most of these guys. Byron and Daniel's daily fishing reports are also very informative. Look at the menu under the photo of the fish on the far right and click on fishing report. I don't fish that side of the park too often. David, Lynn, Jack, Ray, Walter, and a couple others keep all the fish over that way sore lipped You would certainly be welcome to fish with me when I'm over that way. I mostly just splash around and look at flowers and birds, but I like to go
Old 02-02-2014, 02:50 PM

Flyman,
It was nice to read your most informative post revealing a lot about the folks you mentioned. Rest assured that anytime I have the opportunity to fish with any of those fine folks, whatever I happen to be doing at the time will take on a much lower priority. One of these days I mean to fish that side of the park and may see you on the water.