Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 01-04-2014, 04:33 PM

Default Slough Creek in August

Is anyone interested in a 4 day, 3 night horse packing trip to the third meadow of Slough Creek (Yellowstone) in early to mid-August? I just learned of a chance to go with Jake Clark, an outfitter out of Wyoming. I've been with him in 2011 and 2012, and he does a splendid job; he's also a real character. The fishing can be technical, though there are also many chances to fish casually. I have 2 people and need 2 more before Jake will apply for a permit, and this has to be done by Jan. 10th. So not much time to decide. It's not cheap; if we have 4 people, it is $400 per day; if 6 people, then $350, which covers everything from Slough Creek campground parking lot, where we meet Jake, and back again. It's about 8 miles in, so if you don't like mules (which Jake uses) you can walk with me (I hate mules), and we can fish our way up.

If anyone is interested or just wants to learn more, feel free to call me. My cell is 865-776-7580. Vance Sherwood