Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-12-2014, 06:51 PM

Default Found Camera

Hi everyone,
While fishing up at Elkmont on March 11, looked down and found a camera. It was an Olympus but was nuked. After a little clean up, the SD card revealed some pictures. A couple of pics from a wedding, some from a dam somewhere. A few bass and blue gill pics. A couple of videos and a few pics of bears. And of course, the manditory trout pics. Sorry I'm a low tech man living in a high tech world so I can't post the pics.

I'll gladly send it to the owner. Hope we can find out who it belongs to. I was fun working on the memory card and bringing it back to life.

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
Old 03-16-2014, 08:23 AM

If it's one of the newer underwater Olympus cameras, it's probably not worth returning.

I took 12 students on a snorkeling trip last year. All had cameras. Five of the 7 with Olympus cameras had theirs flood. None of the 5 Canon cameras flooded.

Maybe they just threw it down!

Regardless, kudos to you for trying to find the owner.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:56 PM

I hear ya. I have one just like the one I found and have wanted to throw it in the river a time or two.

"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fly-fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
Old 03-16-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfly View Post
I hear ya. I have one just like the one I found and have wanted to throw it in the river a time or two.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:35 PM

Hey chechem,
I am looking at doing a trip to Elk Springs Resort in may. I searched it here and saw that you have been there. How is it!

Old 03-18-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfly View Post
Hey chechem,
I am looking at doing a trip to Elk Springs Resort in may. I searched it here and saw that you have been there. How is it!
It's comfortable, friendly, and good fishing.
The stream is limited in size and access, so it can be crowded.
I enjoyed the trip, and plan to return this summer.
It's hardly wild; more like the Disneyland of fishing. The big fish near the resort probably have names (LOL). While I was there the water was down, so it was all sight fishing. Maybe it's more wild (natural?) at other times.
I caught plenty of 15-18" trout, and a couple of larger ones.
Google the reviews elsewhere for other details from those who visited during May. I went during July, so the options of locations were limited.