Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-14-2014, 01:11 AM

Thumbs down Missing GoPro..

About two or three weeks ago I was up on Little River Trail fishing above the big bridge where the river crosses under the trail and managed to lose my GoPro Hero 2 camera with tripod attached. I'm pretty sure I walked off and left it right in the middle of the trail. If anybody has seen it or has heard of a find similar to this I would appreciate some info on it. A little late on posting about it, but better late than never.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:45 AM

Lightbulb Camera Find Home Tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonalexander4 View Post
About two or three weeks ago I was up on Little River Trail fishing above the big bridge where the river crosses under the trail and managed to lose my GoPro Hero 2 camera with tripod attached. I'm pretty sure I walked off and left it right in the middle of the trail. If anybody has seen it or has heard of a find similar to this I would appreciate some info on it. A little late on posting about it, but better late than never.

I hope you get it back bud. One tip for your cameras is to take a picture of your mailing address from an envelope and save the picture outside of the normal directory on your camera. Then; write protect it from deletion (by clicking the file and right-clicking the mouse, then change the properties). Also; you can create a small text file with your address and save it on the card & camera memory as OwnerDetails.txt...etc...write protect it as well.

At least it gives you a better chance at getting it back.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 04-14-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post

I hope you get it back bud. One tip for your cameras is to take a picture of your mailing address from an envelope and save the picture outside of the normal directory on your camera. Then; write protect it from deletion (by clicking the file and right-clicking the mouse, then change the properties). Also; you can create a small text file with your address and save it on the card & camera memory as OwnerDetails.txt...etc...write protect it as well.

At least it gives you a better chance at getting it back.
Or write your name and contact info on the camera!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:11 PM

I definitely should have had my name on it.. I do like the idea of putting information in the memory too! Thanks!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonalexander4 View Post
I definitely should have had my name on it.. I do like the idea of putting information in the memory too! Thanks!
I have preached that many times. But, I am guilty of not doing it as well. Some devices do not have a good place to put your information on them. I usually print a small mailing label and locate it in the battery compartment or on the memory card. Cover it with some clear tape to help preserve it. However; the information on the card is a pretty good tip. Most people will get on there and look at the pictures.
to choose, to respond, to change.”