Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 05-23-2014, 12:47 PM

As someone said: there are those of us who cannot afford to hire a guide. Heck, I may never be able to afford to hire one. It's places like this forum that have helped me become a decent angler and fly tier. And when I have a few bucks to spend on supplies-I have certainly turned to LRO.

So PLEASE, all of you, guides or not, KEEP POSTING!
Old 05-24-2014, 11:12 AM

Great looking smallmouth. Wish I was there.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:17 AM

Hey Folks,

I encourage guides to post here. There is no competitive conflict unless the post is linked to another fly shop. LRO is not in the guiding business. We refer clients to guides including Josh. Josh is a very close friend of mine. I do like and respect him very much. In fact, I'm fishing with him two days next month. Can't wait. Josh is also a instructor in our school. So, Josh, keep them coming.

Rocky, Mike, David and Rob Fightmaster are good friends of mine too. Mike's daughter works at our store part-time while attending college. I spent some time talking to Rocky and David last week. I visit with Rob at least once a week. Every time I interact with these guys I learn something or several things. There is no better advice than what I get from them. They know a lot more about fly fishing than I do.

I designed a new page on our website yesterday. Go to, "Plan Your Trip", "Choose a Guide". There you will find Mike, Rocky, David, Josh and Rob. These are all people who have been very helpful to us over the years, trying to run a fly shop and school. They are all very good friends of mine, Paula, Daniel and the other fine folks at LRO. We don't get a commission or take a cut from their money. They won't pay anything to be listed on this website. We do it to help our customers and our close guide friends in this area.

Jim, thanks for looking out for us but everything is cool as far as we are concerned. I hope you are doing well. I would like to get with you sometime and talk about the old days.

I am so glad everyone seems to be catching a lot of fish this year, and BIG FISH. Remember last year?

I wish this forum software referred to me as something other than "Senior".

Byron

Last edited by Byron Begley; 05-25-2014 at 07:29 AM..
Old 05-25-2014, 07:45 PM

No worries from me, I just didn't know the attitude towards potential competition.

Talking about the old days would make me feel old, however hopefully not a senior though

I'd love to catch up sometime Byron, I need to come by and get some gear in the next few days.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:26 PM

Josh, great to see you posting here. Look forward to seeing more.

Braden
Old 05-28-2014, 07:15 AM

I will try to post up current reports as much as possible, especially in the warm water section since it doesn't seem to get very much attention. I hope I can help out in any way and look forward to getting to know a lot of you on here. I just hate that's it's taken me this long to start.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:53 AM

I've always enjoyed reading reports from the guides too! Maybe share some favorite patterns used and picts if you can.