Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-24-2014, 10:07 PM

Default Smokys May 16

Headed to the Smoky's on the 15th with rain all the way, thought it was going to be high water but turned out to normal levels. Started out early Friday the 16th with a boat ride and a short hike, fishing was great!

It did rain on us a little but soon dried out.

Even had a friend drop by.

This will tell where we were.

We did not go high enough to catch any Brookies but had a great trip, maybe next time.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:55 AM

Great pics! That brown is a hoss. How were the water levels after the rain? My boys and I are headed there for a camping trip next week and I'm getting excited. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:00 AM

Talking

Thanks for the report.

I have still yet to fish that stream. Been meaning to make it there the last 2 years and somehow it never happened

As I was fishing with Mac yesterday he was recalling where he and his brother did week long trips there for many years. He said he always enjoyed his time there and said it was worth the extra hiking when you got there to chase after the Brookies

One fact about that stream is that the Brookies you catch may well still be the Northern strain whose ancestors were stockers

Keep the reports coming
Old 05-25-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontrout View Post
Great pics! That brown is a hoss. How were the water levels after the rain? My boys and I are headed there for a camping trip next week and I'm getting excited. Thanks for sharing.
The water levels were normal, I was told the stream was a little low before the rain. It's a great place to camp and fish, you will have good time!
Old 05-25-2014, 09:57 AM

Ducky, you really need to fish that stream, you will like it. We only fished up about 3 miles, I have camped at Sugar Forks and Bone Valley and was able to hike and catch Brookies, 82 would be a great place to camp and chase Brookies.
I did not know that fact about the Brookies, thanks for the info.

Wish I could get to the Smokys more offend, "So many streams and so little time".