Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-05-2014, 10:22 PM

Default Caney Fork 7/4/14

We went to the Caney Fork yesterday for the Fourth. We stopped at the picnic area right below the dam. Seemed like the fishing was better from across the river, but with the family and everything I thought it would be more enjoyable for them at the picnic area. If you have never been, its pretty nice and it has a playground for our boy. Anyway, we all had a good time and I did manage to catch one brookie. It was only then that I realized I had left my phone at home. Personally, I don't like to take cell phones with me on the water, but when our contract came up last time, my wife insisted on me getting a Iphone with a Life proof case so I could take it fishing and use it for a camera. (the batteries in my water proof digital camera leaked out acid and ruined the camera!) Which come to think of it may have been a sneaky way of getting me to take my phone fishing!!! Dang! I just realized that! My phone is to smart, and the owner to dumb! Anyway, back to the report, we all had a good time, but I don't have any pics to show. Oh the canoe and kayak hatch was definitely in full swing too. I enjoy fishing the tail waters, but it reminds me of what I love about the mountains. Solitude!!

hNt
Old 07-07-2014, 08:52 AM

It has been fishing good this year, been wading in on falling water & fishing several hours before the "rude hatch" & getting out once it commences.
I spent 2 days last weekend rowing Vet's down the river with PHW/Wounded Warriors sponsored by MTFF, despite the "rude hatch" we still caught fish & had 2 good days of fishing.
I've been rowing a drifter so long on the river, i'd forgotten how easy it is to walk in, fish, & make it home for an afternoon nap, something most folks don't appreciate me doing while rowing

Grumpy
Old 07-08-2014, 12:20 PM

Exclamation

That is awesome grumpy! I'd love to have the chance to help in a wounded warrior project. That is one charity that I believe is truly worth everything that we can possibly put into it.

hNt