Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

View Poll Results: Do you think the "Rocky Top" Venture will affect the Clinch River?
Yes, I think the river will suffer immensely from this project. 7 46.67%
I am not sure how it will affect the river. 5 33.33%
I could care less how it affects the river. 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
I don't disagree that we can't take anything for granted or let potential threats fester.

I just feel that several threats facing the river today demand attention over a development.

The stripers need to be dealt with yesterday, and this stocking issue has the potential to be a huge issue.

I also believe TWRA has basically stopped stocking fingerlings which will result in a much lower fish population. I've fished the river a bunch this year, and although I've had some great days I would say overall things look pretty grim. The fish population is smaller than I've ever seen and really is top heavy.

I'm happy to voice my concerns to the Anderson County powers about my opposition to the development.

In addition I'm going to wage war on the stripers next week, and I mean a shock and awe campaign

Excellent! Post some pics if you get some! I have still not landed a striper on the Clinch with a fly rod or other rod.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Old 07-13-2014, 08:40 AM

Must be the assault on rivers week. Just reading the News Sentinel about the ammonia nitrate plant for Greene County that wants to discharge into the Nolichucky.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:19 AM

Sorry Guys,

I had to edit a couple of posts slightly. It was just a word or two here and there. We have customers who live in Lake City and I don't want their feelings hurt. Also, I don't want to get sued for slander. Other than that, I think you are making some important points and arguments. I hope you understand.

Thanks,

Byron
Old 07-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Begley View Post
Sorry Guys,

I had to edit a couple of posts slightly. It was just a word or two here and there. We have customers who live in Lake City and I don't want their feelings hurt. Also, I don't want to get sued for slander. Other than that, I think you are making some important points and arguments. I hope you understand.

Thanks,

Byron
Byron,
I have to admit, that does surprise me as the posts in this topic are solely representations of thoughts and opinions of forum members and not paid LRO employees. As someone extremely experienced in the legality of forums; wakeboarder.com-and a few other Major LA/LV NightClub Websites. I have addressed this issue for years and always endorsed free speech. My name is attached to everyone of my posts and you are welcome to turnover any of my post records to any attorney that would like use them against me. As for LC/RT; I have never gambled nor do I gamble. However; if I were to put money on a venture-this would not be one of them.

I apologize to the many LC customers for trying to invigorate their taxpayer rights. By the way; I grew up in LC and my family has invested many years and time in making it better. None of it involved filling their pockets or their friend's pockets with cash at the expense of silver promises.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:

The stripers need to be dealt with yesterday, and this stocking issue has the potential to be a huge issue.
You're spot on Jim. I've seen some monsters in schools of 10 -20. Usual spots for now but those spots are loaded. I'm sure they meander around when the water comes up.....just eating and loving life . Oh how I hate them. I wish you a banner day when you take up arms against them.

Quote:
I also believe TWRA has basically stopped stocking fingerlings.
This is inaccurate. They didn't stop stocking them.....they just stopped getting them in the river. This spring I watched the truck dump a load of fingerlings into the puddle at Millers ramp. Must have been 6000 fingerlings in that small puddle, unfortunately the water was so low that they couldn't get to the river if they wanted to. Would have been a great day to be a heron.

As for the original topic, I agree that the river has much more pressing issues than what's going on in Lake City. It is good that someone is being a little proactive about the future though.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Sorry Guys,

Thanks,

Byron
It's not slanderous if its true

Growing up within smelling distance of an unnamed city, my opinions are pretty strong towards said place.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:17 PM

Jim and Shawn,

I am truly sorry for being cautious. I don't disagree with your thoughts about preserving the Clinch River. I'm all for it. All I did was delete "armpit" and two letters. Sorry if I offended you. Also, I'm not an attorney. I sell fishing tackle.

I just did what I thought was right. Please don't judge me by this one obvious mistake on my part. We all make mistakes.

Byron
Old 07-13-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Jim and Shawn,

I am truly sorry for being cautious. I don't disagree with your thoughts about preserving the Clinch River. I'm all for it. All I did was delete "armpit" and two letters. Sorry if I offended you. Also, I'm not an attorney. I sell fishing tackle.

I just did what I thought was right. Please don't judge me by this one obvious mistake on my part. We all make mistakes.

Byron

I was completely joking in my last post. I'm not even the least bit offended and respect your decision to edit as you see fit, this is your board after all.

Please don't apologize to me, you owe me nothing of the sort, and I don't consider a slight edit a mistake or offensive.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:20 PM

Thanks Jim, I knew you were joking.

Byron
Old 07-14-2014, 07:22 AM

Byron,
I understand your dilemma and appreciate your kindness in replying. No worries from me. This is your forum and I understand the work involved to manage these type of venues. Thanks to LRO for all that you do to be stewards for fly fishing, conservation, and living a good life.