Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-26-2014, 10:02 AM

Default Cosby day 3

No troubles today!!!!

The creek at the cabin was still full and muddy. So, after breakfast my son and me went to the Cosby creek campground. There is a couple of pull offs on the left about halfway up to the parking area. We stopped at one of these and went to fishing. I lived up to my namesake more than once and my boy is a chip off the old block. (See my username and you'll get what I mean). I managed one small rainbow on a dry fly. It is a bumblebee pattern that was give to me long ago I can't remember the correct name for it, sorry.
When we returned to cabin, my wife had a picnic packed and we drove to the office first so I could pay for the damage from day 1. Then we took the foothills parkway to I 40 and drove to Maggie Valley and on into Cherokee. Where we found a picnic table and had a very late lunch or early supper. We then took in the Indian village, museum and saw "Unto These Hills". We had a good evening but it was a late night when we got back to the cabin.

hNt

Ps. I forgot to mention that unfortunately this was our last day at Cosby. We are already in the early stages of planning a camping trip to Elkmont.

Last edited by hungNtree; 07-26-2014 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: I forgot
Old 07-26-2014, 11:01 AM

Sounds like rain or shine, nor dark of night will keep you from enjoying yourselves.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:17 PM

We enjoyed reading of your adventures. We all get caught in the trees sometimes. I think that is just part of the game in the Smokies. I got out today and managed 2 brookies, I brought them out of the water but not to hand.

Safe travels