Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 01-23-2006, 05:11 PM

Default Glad to see this board up again.

Hi all. Hans in Knoxville, calling. I have greatly missed this board. Let's hope the civility and the niceties we had on the old board in the beginning will last. The quality and the bickering went way out of hand last time. This time I'm sure it will be a positive experience for everyone. Thanks to LRO for this board.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Glad to see this board up again.

Hi Hans, Welcome back! I know you visit a lot of boards so any suggestions would be appreciated. Byron
Old 01-23-2006, 05:58 PM

Byron, Yes I do visit a lot of boards and I feel that your'es was good the last time around and now it looks even better. I believe in keeping it simple since I have seen some other boards going from a lot of use down to nothing. I believe a lot of it is due to fights and bad manners but others just are TOO CROWDED. Avoid the temptaion of adding to many departments and sections on the board. It is probably better to have broad selections than ten, fifteen sections.

I think the boards is just fine right now. I hope to come to the store soon. I was in for the last event with Bob Clouser. I have had some career issues and some problems with that so I haven't been able to make it to the store recently. I am definitely going to step up my support of your store and spend some money this coming season with you all. I would like to talk to you in person with my experiences from a national chain but I would like to do it in private as not to single anyone out in a public forum. Until then take care

Oh, by the way. Is it possible for you all to obtain distribution of Weinbrenners products?, mainly their wading shoes?

Old 01-23-2006, 07:07 PM

Hans, thanks for the comments about the board. This is new to me so I tend to move with caution and what you say makes a lot of sense. I wasn't involved in the last board and never visited it. I would like to talk to you about our industry, I'm always here so come find me next time you are in. I'll check on the Weinbrenners tomorrow, that is a good idea. I bought a pair in the early 80's and they lasted a long time until my foot grew (flattened) out of them. Thanks Byron