Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 01-29-2006, 06:50 PM
J.Hightower

Default Pond Fishing

Rivers and Creeks were running a little too full to fish today....I hit a farm pond ...had good luck fishing bead chain wollybugger....bream and bass liked it ...

click to enlarge
Old 01-29-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Pond Fishing

Nice catch. I love fishing ponds for bluegill and bass. I'd like to do that now but here in Tennessee I thought the water temp would be too cold. Do you have any idea what the water temperature was in that pond? Byron
Old 01-29-2006, 08:09 PM
J.Hightower

Sorry Byron *I did not check the temp. *I did put my hand in it...and would guess mid to low 50's....too cold to fall out of the canoe into....
Old 02-16-2006, 03:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to 3flies

I used to fish a pond in Grainger Co. that was full of bass and gills. They would hit about anything when the time was right. I actually saw a bass go about 2 ft. up the bank while chasing a gill. It flipped and flopped back into the water. Sooo, I hooked a smaller gill and left it in the water for about 5 min. next thing I know I had a giant of a bass on. He had taken the gill, I gave him time to swallow the fish and the fight was on. It was late when he hit and we moved the truck around so we could use it's lights to see with. Took about an hour of fighting to land. Didn't get to weigh it but looked like in the neighborhood of 6-8 lbs.