Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-21-2006, 02:15 PM

Default MTNS

Everyone that fished the smokies have been truly lucky to be in such amazing place. I grew up in Illinois up until college in which I came down to UT...spent four years fishing in heaven. The mountains taught me, then my brother, then my dad how to fly fish. You all are truly lucky who live so close to the mountains....even if you dont get any fish...standing up on you favorite stream with not a single person in site...casting your three weight to eager brookies cant be beaten....thats hard to be beat...anywhere

tight line
jordan
Old 02-21-2006, 03:53 PM

Default Re: MTNS

Last edited by Randy Ratliff; 01-27-2012 at 11:01 AM..
Old 02-22-2006, 10:57 AM

Default Re: MTNS

My mother was born in Sevierville and my family spent a part of every summer up there back before the onslaught of Dollywood. I would watch my grandfather fish in the Park while we picniced and jumped rocks. I caught my first trout when I was 13 and have traveled back to these mountains every year since for the last 45 years in search of those wiley trout. My son is now 13 and has been fishing on the same waters as my grandfather taught me for the past 7 years....the last two he has gone purely to the long rod. While all around the Park has grown to be one big tourist mecca the one thing that remains constant is the magic of these wonderful mountains and the pull of its waters. My son has been able to enjoy and know this part of my youth without having to listen to me say how it used to be....for this I am eternally thankful.