Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 01-21-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Cookout???

Sounds good to me!

What about food and beverages? *Any thoughts on how this is being taken care of. *Are we setting up a donation fund.( say minimum $10.00 or 20.00). *I realize the closer we get to that time the more accurate head count we will get. *And a make checks payable to and address with dead line.

Or, is this a bring your own food and beverage? *Any suggestions? *

DryFly

What about suggestions for menu?

1. Burgers and dogs
2. Whole cooked hog
3. Fish
4. Etc....

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 01-21-2007, 04:38 PM

DryFly1- My initial thought on it is that we (myself & whoever volunteers to help ) could get the food (I was thinking burgers, dogs, potato sald, chips, etc) & supplies, then all save receipts to add up & split among whoever is able to come. I think it would probably be easier to let everyone bring their own choice of beverage. I think it would also be cool if we could talk Byron,Paula, & the gang from LRO up to this shindig with the offer of free food for them . Let me know what ya'll think
Old 01-21-2007, 05:00 PM

I think you are on the money Budman....knowing the number of people who will attend will give a better Idea of what to plan. Burgers/Dogs/Salads would be wonderful without getting too extravigant as this will be a food thing, but even more so it will be a intro and get to know everyone type of "fly fishing reunion" if you will.

Should you check with LRO and make sure they were not planning a similar event during this timeframe?

How are you going to get your sign up list of those who want to attend?

How far will this be from the Troutfest activities?

buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 01-21-2007, 06:26 PM

Hey Guys,

We won't have anything planned special for Troutfest here at the shop but there will be a fundraiser banquet that you might want to attend. I think it will be on Friday night. Joe Hatton who is in charge of Troutfest just walked out of my office a few minutes ago. I think he will get on here some and keep you posted. As soon as we know all the details we'll have a special section on our website and a link to the Little River Chapter website. If you want to attend the banquet be sure to buy your tickets early before they sell out. They go fast. Anything we can do for the cookout just ask. If it doesn't conflict with the Troutfest Banquet, I'll be there. This sounds great!

Byron
Old 01-21-2007, 08:13 PM

See you there gang,

Will be camping with my 4 yo son. This will be his first major mountain experience.
DryFly1

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 01-21-2007, 09:14 PM

DryFly,
Sounds like a great idea. Quick suggestion however. Buying food for 70 people would be a huge project. We have used Buddy's BBQ from K'town on several occations (I am not an owner or employee), and they do a great job of "all the BBQ one can eat and tha fixn's as they say for a reasonable price per head.

If you want to entertain this idea, let me know and I will help get a price, or someone for you to contact, and see if they can do it a Metcalf Bottoms if this is the final location.

Flat Fly'n
Old 01-22-2007, 02:49 AM

buddys is not a bad idea. I'd definitely like some bbq. also, this may be a little corny, but it would probably be a good idea if maybe everyone would wear a nametag with your boardname on it so we would know who everyone is. you'll know who I am because I'll be the guy standing in the stream hooking into all the fish.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:54 AM

OK *It's a done deal- I have Metcalf Bottoms reserved for Sat May 19th in the 4-8 pm time slot!!

Flat Fly'n- hey the more responses we get on this the more I like your idea- I have been to many events where Buddy's has catered and they have always done a great job. I also like the idea because it would allow everyone more time on the water, instead of having to shop & prepare for what is looking like might be a pretty good size group. My only questions would be 1) will Buddy's cater up there? and 2) Is there any park service rule against having them do it? I would be interested in getting some feedback from everyone who has expressed an interest. For those who aren't familiar with Buddy's they are a local BBQ restaraunt who have been around Knoxville for about 30 years. They would probably serve BBQ pork & chicken, corn, baked beans, slaw, etc. Also for those wh aren't familiar with Metcalf Bottoms it is about 15 min from LRO going up Little River road towards Elkmont. What does everyone think?
Old 01-22-2007, 06:00 AM

ttas67- hey man I had the same *idea, but as as corny as it sounds it's not a bad idea Yea i won't be hard to spot either- I'll be the one scaring all the fish away trying to retreive my fly out of the tree- maybe you can help me fix that!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:29 AM

Buddy's sounds good.....this could easily become an annual tradition...Hey Budman, not sure about the bbq, thinking you should send me a sample plate to Ohio this week (already causing me to salivate....dang that Pavlov)

buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13