Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 01-22-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Cookout???

Excellent Budman!

Buddy's sounds great. Can't go wrong with the Cue'

I like the annual tradition idea. We need a name? 1st annual _______?

Example: 1st annual Little River Fish and Feast. Anyone that wants to can post a name and the board can vote. We can give it say 3 days to post a name and on thursday I will post a new thread with the ideas for a vote.

DryFly1

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 01-22-2007, 10:36 PM

Party?!!! Did someone say party!!! I could be persuaded to party and fish. Let me know the date.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:28 AM

first annual trout and kraut. first annual fish and dish. oohhh, I've got it! it should be the first annual cook and hook! that would probably be more appropriate if people were actually cooking, but it could work.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:20 PM

If I can get someone to cover me at work I'd love to come down from Louisville. I tried to hit Troutfest last year but ... had to work. Keep me informed. Sounds great though!
Dude
Old 01-27-2007, 10:08 AM

So is the exact date saturday may 19th? OH NO ! My best friend is getting married that day and i'm the best man. That sucks, i was really wanting to go too. It sounds like a blast.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Sounds good to me, only problem I would forsee is that our younger memders would be still in school at that time. But if I can swing it Gaintfish and I can come up friday night after he gets out of school, lets see leaving West side of Nashville at 4:00 adds 1.5 hours to the trip. get to the campground at 10:00 est. This is do able. I would be willing to help.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:40 PM

Vern- hey the cookout isn't until Sat PM at 4 so ya'll ought to have time even if you left Sat AM. Just an FYI for everyone- I've got Metcalf Bottoms pavilion reserved for May 19th from 4-8. I need to make a call to a guy with park administration to make sure it's ok to have Buddy's cater the event ( he was off last week) then I'll call Buddy's back to lock them in for it (thanks Flat Fly n for your help!). But if everything is cool with the park guys then we're good to go, so everyone just plan on that day. Once it gets down a little closer to the date I'll need to get a firm headcount to pass along to Buddy's. Look forward to seein' everyone!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:20 PM

Hey guys, definetly count me in on this thing! I'll need a months notice or better because I work in a hospital and I'm "on call" on alot of my days off. So the sooner we set a date in advance the better every one can make arrangements if needed. Great idea, supprised someone didn't think of it sooner.

Chad

Old 01-28-2007, 02:59 PM

I just realized that I read the first posting on this thread which was last year and wrote a reply. Sorry, I guess thats what happens when you've worked to many night shifts. Looks like you've already got a good date set for this thing. I'll try to make it but if I'm not there I hope you have a great time.

chad
Old 01-28-2007, 04:32 PM

I'm in... I just reserved a campsite at Little River Village for Fri & Sat. If you've not stayed there it's pretty neat. It was between there or Elkmont. I needed to keep my wife happy, so I decided to stay close to town. Make your reservation soon!

Kevin