Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 03-10-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Greenbriar 3/09/06

Per Chris Montgomery's suggestion I fished a Bead Head Pheasant Tail dropper about 10" below a parachute Adams at Greenbriar yesterday with good success. Started fishing around 3:15 p.m. ended about 5:20 p.m. due to strong winds. Caught 16 rainbows. All of these hit the nymph hard with the exception or one on the dry fly. Fished mostly the sunny portions of the stream in slower moving water. Looking forward to the weekend!!!
David Parnell
Old 03-10-2006, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Greenbriar 3/09/06

Good report. You fished one of my favorite places in the park. Did you go all the way up or did you stay low?.

I have fished that creek from the Ranger Station all the way up to the closed waters at Buck Fork and I have had many memorable days on that stream. No lunkers but feisty nevertheless. I did catch a godd 11" Bow just upstream of the bridge at the trailhead. It was so funny becuses I was within sight of a couple of guys fishing below me and they couldn't believe it. That stream can give you some surprises.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Greenbriar 3/09/06

I have also wanted to fish that stream from the ranger station up, but want to give myself the better part of the day to do it. It looks like there are some great runs that are less than accessible from the road (i.e. good fishing). Have also not ventured up Ramsey Cascade way thus far but plan to do that this year as well. Thanks for the reply.
David