Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 03-07-2006, 10:03 AM

Default Anyone worn Cabelas Ultralight wading boots?

I am looking at getting some new wading boots, and want to know if anyone has experience with Cabelas Ultralight Wading Boots?
Old 03-07-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Anyone worn Cabelas Ultralight wading boots?

I'd say that this would be a good question to put out on a website Cabelas is gracious enough to provide and administrate.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:50 PM

I purchased a pair of there ultralight studded boots a really like them.
[timestamp=1141786205]
Old 03-08-2006, 10:11 AM

I own and have owned some Cabela's equipment, including a pair of their wading boots at one time. *Some of their gear has been ok, some hasn't. *None of their branded items have been exceptional. *In particular, I have not been impressed with their rods or wading boots. *I own a pair of their waders and a chest pack that appear to be fairly good. *Most of the Cabela's wading boots I've seen have fallen apart after a single season of light use, including my own and the ones owned by some friends. *I agree with smiling dog about the Chota brand. *Don't buy the Cabela's brand just because they're inexpensive and convenient. *I fell into that trap a lot as a beginning fly fisher. *It's better to get good quality material. *You can still find quality and bargains if you take the time to look. *Chota has an Abrams Creek boot that is very light, of great quality, and inexpensive (I think around $50). *LRO carries this boot, and I suggest you look there even if you don't get that particular boot. *They will give you good advice that you can't get from Cabela's. *A friend of mine bought a pair there early this year, and I've been so impressed with them that I plan to get a pair later this year.

BTW, I respect a site that allows honest evaluation of a competitor's products. *If someone was placing Cabela's ads on the board, then I would object. *But I think LRO's service and quality products will stand up to the test. And in this case it may even be beneficial to them to have this question posed as it may direct customers toward them if the posts so far are any indication.

hawgdaddy
Old 03-09-2006, 10:22 PM

Pay a little extra and get some Chotas from LRO. I have a pair of the Cabela's and use them occasionally, but the Chotas are my favorites.