Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 04-10-2006, 11:33 PM

Default The new Help Me area.

Hi Byron,
Let me be one of the first to thank you and everyone involved with the help section on the report page.
It's the things like this that make most of us return to the Little River Outfitters over and over again.
Thanks again,
Bob
Old 04-11-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Re: The new Help Me area.

Thanks Bob,

I will work on the "Help Me" page some more and try to improve it. I'll talk about tippet size next. Our business is selling tackle and building long term relationships with people. Guiding is a very small part of our business. With that being said, we have no secrets here. Our whole business model for the last 12 years has been based on helping people catch fish and we've grown by doing that. I hope everyone will help us do a better job so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your loyal support and kind comments.

Byron
Old 04-12-2006, 07:22 AM

Good morning,
I have been vacationing in Townsend now for several years and have just recently taken an interest in fly fishing. I have made the purchases required to look like a professional fisherman but have yet to catch my first fish. I will again be in Townsend on the first of May hoping to walk the streams and catch my first fish. From reading these messages I'm aware that there are those that work as guides and will help the angler catch that first fish. Would you please recommend someone that I could contact. I'm an avid saltwater fisherman and have had many wonderful experiences there but alas, the streams are very beautiful but mysteryious to me. The little fish seem to elude my efforts.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:48 AM

Manny, call LRO and see if you can book a trip with Walter Babb. He is a great guide who knows the mountain streams extremely well. I fished a half-day with him a couple of years ago and learned a ton. For that matter, any of LRO's guides will be able to put you on some fish as they are all great fisherman and teachers.

David Knapp
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 04-13-2006, 02:16 PM

Byron:

I love the new area. I have been trying to teach my son to flyfish and this section answers his WHY questions he constantly asks.