Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-14-2006, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Motel, Hotel, Holiday Inn....

T1,

Were you in one of the "cabin" rental sites or the motel part?
Old 04-15-2006, 09:34 PM

We were in the motel part
Old 04-17-2006, 11:42 AM

I having been coming to Townsend to fish for the last 4 years and have always stayed at the Comfort Inn. The place is clean, the beds comfy and the people friendly. The only downside is no balconies/patios. This year I am staying at Highland for that reason. After my last stay in PF in 2000 and trying to drive through same on the way home in 2003 I decided to never go there again. A trip through Marysville and a week in Townsend suits me just fine.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:28 PM

FRW, and anyone else that thinks the traffic is bad up there. There are alternative routes that you can take to keep from going through all that stuff. Do a little research with a map . Do you think locals drive right through that crap? One other thing, I used to live up there but now I'm down in metro Atlanta caring for my sick parents. I'd trade Atlanta traffic for PF traffic any day!
Old 04-19-2006, 01:22 PM

Quote:
FRW, and anyone else that thinks the traffic is bad up there. *There are alternative routes that you can take to keep from going through all that stuff. *Do a little research with a map . *Do you think locals drive right through that crap? *One other thing, I used to live up there but now I'm down in metro Atlanta caring for my sick parents. *I'd trade Atlanta traffic for PF traffic any day!
was down in Townsend last weekend, and noticed that the Best Western was now closed. Looks like somebody else may have taken it over. This is where I usually stay, and was somewhat shocked! Anybody know what's going on with the old Best Western?
gary
Old 04-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Gary

The Best Western has not changed hands....The owners have dropped their deal with Best Western and are running it as Valley View Lodge. They have made quite a few cosmetic changes to the exterior and have done some improvements to the rooms (I have not seen them yet).

Hope this helps,

Paula
Old 02-18-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for the info - I know it's a year later - my how time flies....

We stayed at the Talley Ho and it was pretty nice - and the rate was great. I had a back injury that was bothering me some, so I didn't fish as much as I'd like, but the fishing was fairly good for me, for as little as I was actually in the water. We also found out that the best place for breakfast is the little tourist-strip-mall thingy as you come into town from Maryville(on your left coming into Townsend). . . there is a little sandwich shop there that has great breakfast stuff. It's not a full-blown meal, but it's delicious and pretty inexpensive. Apple something? Can't remember the name exactly....

Anyway, sorry it took so long to say thanks, but we got alot of use out of the info and we're planning on coming back this year for a few days in the late spring. Probably staying at the Talley Ho again, and hopefully this time the ole back will hold up long enough to get in some serious fishing! '

fishlicker
( formerly "owl" )
Old 02-19-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFowler View Post
"Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn" Whats the name of that song?

(Pardon if someone's already responded..)

That's the Sugar Hill Gang...Rapper's Delight.

"...if your girl starts actin' up, then you take her friends..."

Can't believe I shared this knowledge in public.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT
Default Wow...

Ya know I knew exactly what the song was, but I refused to reduce myself on this board. Chingy also released a song a few years ago titled "Holidae Inn"--I wont post lyrics...

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 02-20-2007, 02:00 PM

Hey folks. Just wanted to put in a good word for Riverstone Lodge. It's the last motel on the left before you get to the park. Nothing fancy, just good people and the food at the adjoining restaurant is also good. Talk to Terry or Belinda, I think you'll find it a nice place to stay.