Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 04-11-2006, 10:23 PM

Default Hello

A new member wants to say 'hi'. Although I live in the Chicago area I have spent quite a bit of time in Tennessee. I have niece that lives in the Nashville area and I did my masters study at UT. I usually get down to Tennessee about every other year.
I love to fish inside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Those are some of the most scenic streams I have ever seen and complimenting them are some of the most beautiful trout I have ever caught. Here in the Chicago area there is no real trout fishing except in Lake Michigan and some lakes and streams are stocked with rainbows in the spring and fall. However, the water gets too warm for the fish to survive over the summer. so, if you want to fish for trout around here you either go to Wisconsin or Michigan or fish for the the pale, pasty hatchery rainbows they stock here. I think that's part of the reason I appreciate those absolutely beautiful (if small) rainbows of GSMNP.
Last year when I went to the Smokies I caught my first brook trout. A couple were almost 8", still haven't caught a brown yet in Tennessee, that's my next goal.
Thank's for your patience with my ramblings. Have a good evening everybody.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Hello

Softhackle

Welcome to the board!!! Great post!

Hope spring comes to you soon in the Chicagoland area! And, here's wishing your Tennessee Brown comes to hand quickly!

Paula