Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-12-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Baby Sitting

Byron,
Does LRO offer a baby sitting service for new, overworked fathers that need some time to fly fish ? If you don't offer it now, i bet you could make a fortune if you did .
Old 04-12-2006, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Baby Sitting

Russ,

I can't believe I just sent you an answer back on the Yellow Sally question and saw your post on babysitting. I have been babysitting our 2 1/2 year old granson since he was born. My wife and I recently discussed starting a day care in our home. I quit a job (I hated) to provide day care for him and my wife is thinking of a career change also. Neither of us is old enough to retire since we are in our mid 50's but we are ready to do something on our own for a change.

What a great idea, we move to Townsend and start our day care there. We could surely work a deal for her to shop and me to fish more than we get to now. I just need to find a way to break it to her that we will be spending more time, a lot more time in Tennessee.

By the way, is that a Brittany in the picture with you? I had one for years and she was the best bird dog I ever owned. I quit the bird hunting but won't forget the dog.

Best Wishes again, gary <*))))><
Old 04-12-2006, 04:43 PM

That is indeed a spoiled rotten brittany, that picture was taken at his birthday party. He and i have been bird hunting for two seasons now and this last season we got our first grouse and our first wild quail that he pointed (he didn't point the grouse). We do a lot of bird hunting with very, very, very little bird finding . We only hunt in east and middle tennessee right now, but maybe next year we will make a trip to georgia or somewhere where they might have some more wild quail.
I had a great schedule worked out where I would bird hunt all winter and fall and fly fish all spring and summer. But now we had our first child on April 1st and i am afraid that my schedule is all thrown off .
Old 04-13-2006, 09:26 AM

Children do have a way of changing our schedules but it will be great fun also. I think I am a better grandparent than I was when parenting myself. It may have something to do with age and learning patience.

I don't know much about bird populations in Tennessee but I suspect it will be higher in Georgia. My Britt loved to point them but had little interst in retrieving them. Have fun with the baby and the Britt.

gary <*))))><