Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-17-2006, 03:59 PM

Default abrams creek campgrounds

I am coming down to the Park next week for some fishing and was wondering if anyone had done any over around Abrams Creek Campground? I am talking about the camgrounds off of the Foothills Parkway not Cades Cove. I spent a day over there a couple of Falls ago and found it to be a very quiet peaceful place, but didn't see any action. Others have told me that normally it is not the best location to catch fish, but I guess hope springs eternal. Any firsthand info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:49 PM

Default Re: abrams creek campgrounds

FRW, it can be a pretty good place early in the season if you will go upstream for 1/2 mile or so. It can be real good if you want to go even farther. You can follow the creek upstream around a large loop and come back to the Little Bottoms Trail. This trail crosses a high ridge and comes back to the Cooper Road Trail and back to the campground for a good day long trip. It's a pretty good idea to have someone with you if you do this trip. There are lots of good fishing destinations out of the campground.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tenn.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Re: abrams creek campgrounds

I can handle a 1/2 mile walk to get to some good fishing. Back in the day my late wife and I hiked to all of the falls on the TN side of the Park. Of course I was 30 years younger back then, but then that is why I fish now instead of hike . Thanks for the info.