Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 06-13-2006, 12:53 PM

Default LRO Message Site

just want you to know I am addicted to this site.I check daily--It is simply the best--very instructive and fun---LRO--the store and for that matter,the web site makes me long for fly fishing in the Smokies.The prejudices and malice found in us somehow gets bumped aside when you read questions answered honestly,and stories told from fresh memories then posted on this site.I suppose it is about fly fishing in the park,but it is also about our deep liking for this beautiful place,our families,and knowing that no matter what happens,there are places that remain the same and wait for us with solitude and goodness.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: LRO Message Site

I couldn't have said it better!!!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 05:15 PM

Work at a stressfull endavor, sit in 4-1/2 hours of traffic a day, I can't continue. I escape often to this wonderful website. This site is great for my mental well being. I return to the East TN 5 or 6 times a year to go fishing in the GSM. But I escape to your web site all day long. As was previous mentioned this is much then a fishing website. This is a home away from home.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:24 PM

I am scheduled to be in the GSM in 11 days, and ever since I joined this board I have become increasingly anxious. I keep telling my wife to chain me to the bed cause I might wake up in a stupor and just leave!

I love this site!
Old 06-16-2006, 07:54 AM

the site certainly helps with the separation anxiety associated with having to leave the Park and go back to wor...I'm sorry...I almost said that four-letter W word on this site...shame on me.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
the site certainly helps with the separation anxiety associated with having to leave the Park and go back to wor...I'm sorry...I almost said that four-letter W word on this site...shame on me.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I have censored many words and phrases on this site (in case anyone has seen troll posts with my censor lines in them)...had not even thought of *that* one!

The *w* word....!!!!!!! * ROFL!!!!!!!

Paula

ps: We are thrilled to provide a haven for you all!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:33 PM

so as I look at the format of the message board I can't help but recognize myself as a YaBB Newbie, but ohters are Junior members...how oh how does one become a junior or dare I say it...an intermediate member? I must know.

I love the water right now...yup, it's a little tougher, but if it were easy, everbody would be catching...not just fishing and even more important...the discovery!!!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
so as I look at the format of the message board I can't help but recognize myself as a YaBB Newbie, but ohters are Junior members...how oh how does one become a junior or dare I say it...an intermediate member? I must know.
Rusty Hook....

It's all about numbers, honey....the more posts, the quicker you qualify for a higher status! *Not sure, but can check - I think you become a Junior Member at 50 posts. * I am thinking of changing our post status to some really cool titles....on one board that I post on, I am an Evil Overlord! *

We will think up appropriate titles for here....

Paula
Old 06-16-2006, 11:06 PM

Like I said,I like this message site.Uh..yeah I am pretty sure I do.My original message cost me a little-fingernail bitten down to the quick-and I missed Deal or No Deal,trying to explain why I like driving to the Smokies just to fish and hang out.I loved the W word issue.At the microsecond your vehicle passes the rustic,strictly National Park sign welcoming you to The Great Smoky Mountains,at that micro-mini--little part of a moment--The W word should be a four-letter word--Listen to the water.Concentrate on your cast.The park will get hold of you.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:37 AM

I think that one is appropriate for you, Paula.