Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-26-2006, 06:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to scflyfisher
Default This Saturday, 4/29/06

Hey everyone,

I read the board everyday, but this is my first post. I'm probably going tobe in town this saturday for the first time this spring and looking to fish. I have fished LR for approximately 4 years now everytime I get away from SC to Townsend. Just wanted to put a note out there seeing if anyone had interest in getting together saturday for a little while to fish if weather permits. I always enjoy a fishing partner and figured I post this in case someone was interested. I'll probably fish 3-4 hours, nothing serious, just want to get out and have a good time and maybe get lucky and catch a few fish. Anyone interested can either reply here or send me an email.

Matt
Old 05-02-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Re: This Saturday, 4/29/06

Hey SC,
I was out of town last weekend, did you do any good? I fear the water was awfully high for you, the races at Road Atlanta were great though! I only watch them, I can only afford one bad habit in my life and fishing won out over the cars.

Tight lines,
Old 05-02-2006, 10:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to scflyfisher
Default Re: This Saturday, 4/29/06

Hey,

The water was a little high, but not too bad. Unfortunately I decided to show how much of a man I am and leave the waders in SC and wet wade. Needless to say I only fished for about 2 1/2 hours until I could not longer feel anything from the knee down. As for the fishing, caught 2 browns and 1 bow at Metcalf. All were in the 7-8" range. Saw 2 fish rise and that was it. Unfortunately I drove farther up around Elkmont and all my favorite spots had people in them fishing. It was just nice to get a\out for a few hours and not get skunked. I've been doing this for about 4 years, I have never had a big day on LR in terms of numbers, but I can usually catch a few and enjoy what an amazing place GSMNP and LR are. Also, I fished a 2 nymph righ and all fish to the #10 BH Prince.

Matt