Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 10-08-2013, 09:47 PM

I saw the fish truck stocking the DH today I didn't know this thread was still active and it has been a while since I checked it.A few fish are in the head of lake it shouldn't be long before they start their run up the creek
Old 12-16-2013, 03:43 PM

Default Lake Run Fish...

For any of you who may be interested, this moon phase, high water and cold should have the run in full swing. I have not fished it in two years now, so can't say whether there are many fish up there. I bet there will be some, as it was slow in 2010 and 2011. These things seem to be somewhat cyclical. I know there has been talk of otters as well at the mouth of the creek... I do hope to get over some this winter, and typically I have not seen fish before Thanksgiving. With the DH situation now in place there should be plenty of fish to keep your attention even if the Lakers are scarce. I thought that all six miles of Big Snowbird was now DH from October to May, but it is evidently the 2.8 miles from the Junction (end of road) to a concrete bridge that crosses the creek about 2 miles up from the confluence of Little and Big Snowbirds.
Here is a link to a very brief article in the Graham Star: http://www.grahamstar.com/articles/2...a453351693.txt
If anyone goes a brief report would be great!
Tight lines,
John
Old 02-12-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswitow View Post
For any of you who may be interested, this moon phase, high water and cold should have the run in full swing. I have not fished it in two years now, so can't say whether there are many fish up there. I bet there will be some, as it was slow in 2010 and 2011. These things seem to be somewhat cyclical. I know there has been talk of otters as well at the mouth of the creek... I do hope to get over some this winter, and typically I have not seen fish before Thanksgiving. With the DH situation now in place there should be plenty of fish to keep your attention even if the Lakers are scarce. I thought that all six miles of Big Snowbird was now DH from October to May, but it is evidently the 2.8 miles from the Junction (end of road) to a concrete bridge that crosses the creek about 2 miles up from the confluence of Little and Big Snowbirds.
Here is a link to a very brief article in the Graham Star: http://www.grahamstar.com/articles/2...a453351693.txt
If anyone goes a brief report would be great!
Tight lines,
John

Hey John - long time no talk to. I mentioned your name on a recent duck hunt with Duffey. If you get to fishing at the cabin, post a report or two.

Take care,
Mark
Old 05-11-2014, 06:45 PM

Default Snowbird last winter.

Mark, I missed this, or I no longer get notification when someone posts? Hope you've been well by the way. I only got over to fish the run once last winter. With that said, I managed one lake run fish. It's been so long since I posted here I can't remember how! One decent chromer, 15-16", think it was my very first cast? . I did catch several young ones too, so that bodes well for the future. Maybe this winter we can hit it?
Hope all are well,
John
Old 05-11-2014, 06:48 PM

Default Snowbird last winter.

Mark, I missed this, or I no longer get notification when someone posts? Hope you've been well by the way. I only got over to fish the run once last winter. With that said, I managed one lake run fish. It's been so long since I posted here, I can't remember how! One decent chromer, 15-16", think it was my very first cast? . I did catch several young ones too, so that bodes well for the future. Maybe this winter we can hit it?
Hope all are well,
John