Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 05-26-2006, 11:04 AM

Default New to Fly Fishing

I'm new to fly fishing, but I've got it real bad. *My favorite place is the middle prong along the gravel road all the way up to the second one lane bridge. *I'm getting alot of strikes, but can't land anything. *My best luck seems to be in the plunge pools where only small ones surface to take a shot at a stimulator or BWO. *I saw my first hatch this week (yellow stoneflies) and I was like an eight year old on x-mas day. *If you see a red 93 corvette (Air Force plates), black 02 mazda millenia (National Guard plates), or green mazda protoge (my lone fishing buddy) on the middle prong and don't mind offering some tips, please stop. *My name is Kevin and I desperatly need help. *I'm going to book a guide, but being in the military makes it hard to work around my schedule. *If I should try another spot, please make suggestions, but be specific. *I'm not asking for your honey hole, I'm just not that familiar with the park yet. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Old 05-28-2006, 08:22 PM

Default Re: New to Fly Fishing

Had a snake sneak up on me today... I was above the cascades on middle prong. It came out of the water about 8 ft from me and froze once it saw me. It had a skinny black head and neck, but a large black and grey body with a large diamond pattern. It was 4 - 5 ft long. What was it?