Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 05-29-2006, 07:28 AM

Default LRO saves the day!

I recently visited the Townsend area (May 20- May 27). As I was visiting with my wife, who doesnít fish, fishing was not intended to be my primary activity. I enjoy fishing very much, and living in Indiana. I donít get much of an opportunity to fish for trout, so I was looking forward to whatever time I could spend on the water. On Tuesday morning I realized that I had left all of my gear at home except my fly rod. I stopped at LRO on my way into the park and talked to Daniel Drake. I explained what had happened, and ask about the possibility of renting equipment. Daniel told me that they did not rent, but after asking what weight rod I had, told me that he thought he could round up a reel that I could use for a few days. Daniel directed me to a couple of areas that he thought I could fish without waders. I bought a few flies, a couple of leaders, tippet, floatant and a 3-day license. I caught a few fish, but more importantly, had a relaxing mind flush on the river, which I needed very much.

It seems to me, that at many businesses, good customer service is a thing of the past. That is not the case at LRO.

Thatís it, I just wanted to take a few minutes and share this, and thank Daniel and LRO for turning a huge disappointment, into a beautiful memory. I appreciate it very much.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to christopher Send a message via Yahoo to christopher
Default Re: LRO saves the day!

I agree with you there. Mr. Drake has helped a few times with good info. You never go wrong with the people at LRO.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:22 PM

It is the many stories like this that just go to show what a top-notch job they do at LRO. They are the best in the business in my book. I've walked into lots of fly shops and none have been as friendly and helpful as LRO!!!
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 06-01-2006, 10:36 AM

Yes, they are very accommodating there and will provide excellent service both before and after the sale..

A fly fishing co worker of mine refered me to the place.

Being new to Fly Fishing, I stopped by there and talk to a fellow (David I think?) about some decent entry level equipment and was pleasantly surprised at the Customer Service skills, industry knowledge and overall kind helpful attitude that I received from the staff.

I will definately be signing up for the beginner class and provide them with some of my hard earned bucks for this sport..

I was in Houston for 6 years and it's nice to come home to a genuine ole time feeling you get when stopping in there..

Thanks and see you soon LRO...
Old 06-05-2006, 12:12 PM

I had a similar situation a few years ago when Northwest Airlines sent my fly rod to Shriveport instead of Chattanooga. Paula would not let me rent a rod but insisted I borrow one for the day. I don't get back to fish in Tennessee very often, but whenever I hear of someone who's fishing the area I make sure they know about LRO. Unfortunately we all live in a Wal Mart world now so it's refreshing when good old fashion service is practiced.

David
Old 06-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I had a similar situation a few years ago when Northwest Airlines sent my fly rod to Shriveport instead of Chattanooga. Paula would not let me rent a rod but insisted I borrow one for the day. I don't get back to fish in Tennessee very often, but whenever I hear of someone who's fishing the area I make sure they know about LRO. Unfortunately we all live in a Wal Mart world now so it's refreshing when good old fashion service is practiced.

David
David

You restored my faith in humanity on that trip. *

To the board readers, David came in just days after a person walked off with a pair of waders and boots we had loaned him when he claimed his were lost. *:-/*I was reluctant to loan a shop rod since we had just been burned. *He was so crushed at not being able to fish that I gave him one of my own rods to use - that way if he did not return it, it would be me who lost out....(it was my very first fly rod, too...lol).

Instead, he gratefully returned the rod and has been a great customer ever since. *

We appreciate all of your really great comments about the service we give. *We will always do everything in our power to provide you with the best experience when you shop with Little River Outfitters.

Thank you all!

Paula *
Old 06-05-2006, 05:14 PM

Paula, you are definitely a class act. Wow.