Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 07-04-2006, 07:00 PM

Default The wife of a fisherman!

I was raised to fish, but not fly fish. I love to go and I love the outdoors, but I am not sure if I would be able to learn the art of fly fishing. The creeks are deeper where I come from and you have to use a boat to get to the really good fishing holes. My husband has really gotten involved in fly fishing in Tenn. It really is beautiful there and as any one who visits there, I would like to move my entire family and live in the peaceful serenity of the Smokies. I don't know if this new interest is a passing thing with him or if it will stick. If we did move, would we get tired of it? From where I am now, I don't think that would be possible. How could you ever get tired of that heavenly place?
Old 07-04-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Re: The wife of a fisherman!

I'm not the official welcomer, but welcome anyway! Townsend and the surrounding area, is a beautiful place and I wouldn't mind ONE BIT moving there myself! As for fishing, you can get the hang of it and enjoy it with your husband. It's a wonderful place to fish and can be accessed relatively easily or it can be a day long adventure. If you do move there, look to have lots of company from friends back home :-/.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:36 PM

As iI have said many times, when God created east Tenn He sat back and smiled because He knew He had created something special.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:23 PM

Hi "Wife"

We moved to the Smokies about three years ago and have lived all over the country. We were so taken by this place but weren't sure why we loved it so much, then we heard a local group sing a song.."Don't let the Smokie Mountain smoke get in your eyes, YOU WILL STAY FOREVER". My wife poked me and said "they could have at least warned us". Oh, another thing we have learned, it isn't really smoke. It is God's breath coming off the forest floor.

Enjoy....Kodak
Old 07-08-2006, 06:34 PM

I've lived in Townsend 15 years and visited here for 15 years before that. I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Byron
Old 07-08-2006, 09:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT

I love Townsend...Even though I dont live there. I like almost as much as my town. Id live there if the VA Creeper trail and the AT didnt come through here...not to mention one of VA blue-ribbon trout streams. The Smokies are a truly wonderful place I envy all who call them home.

MTN_TRT
"LIFE IS GOOD"

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 07-09-2006, 07:11 AM

Go for it gal, there has to be shallower water where you live to wade, if not, a cheap jon boat or kayaks, canoe may be an option.
My wife has been doing it for a number of years, she can row a driftboat better than most men that think they can My daughter/son have really started being more active as well & a lot of days, the wife outfishes me to which i have no problem, it put's her in a peaceful frame of mind & we all deserve that
Whether ya live in the mountains, foothills or flatlands, there's a place to wet a line, trout, bass, panfish, saltwater, it dosen't matter, it's just part of being outside in one of the best theaters ever created, there's never a dull moment.
I'm off to fish the Cumbie in a few, the wife/son are heading to the Caney to trick a few, daughter is doing the horse thing today & looking like she would rather be fishing :-/
Next time you're up that way, talk to Paula, if the twinkle in her eyes dosen't make up your mind for ya, the stories will. You can always see it in someones eyes, at times it may be scary , once you've gotten drawn into the tale of a days adventure....................

Grumpy
Old 07-30-2006, 09:16 AM

I introduced my fiance to fly fishing 3 yrs ago and she has never looked back with any regret. She has her own orvis rod & reel, Simms waders and Chota boots (this was a ploy to upgrade my equipment)....I wanted her to be able to experience the tranquility that I feel in the water.

As it turns out, I find that women tend to catch on quicker and faster simply because they can better finess the cast and typically don't try to overpower everything like us guys sometimes do.....I think if you try it, you would be hooked for life.......not to mention that it is a great way to keep a strong relationship by sharing something that you enjoy together.......

ps.....no matter what you catch, always tell him you think his fish was a little bigger .......

good fishing
buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13