Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 07-07-2006, 02:30 PM

Default Waders

I'm in need of a pair of waders, bad. The ones I have now are getting to little for me, and I was wondering
if someone could give me some good suggestions on waders?
Old 07-07-2006, 04:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT
Default Re: Waders

Simms. I would only wear Simms. I started out with a pair of Simms Freestone (they got too little for me) and this past winter I bought the new L2's. I love Simms....I would only buy Simms waders. The Freestone are priced good, theyre lightweight, breathable and comfortable.

MTN_TRT
"LIFE IS GOOD"

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 07-08-2006, 08:52 AM

I was in an Outdoor Sports store last night and ran across a bunch of waders, from regular boot type, all the way up to chest waders, Neoprene to rubber, can't remember the brand though. The price range ran the gamut 29.99 to well over 100.00
I will probably need some in the future too, so I will keep my eye on this site for suggestions.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:46 AM

I use a pair of hodgman's lakestream lite waders and I love them. They are breathable and comfortable. So far no complaints at all. They cost about $70 plus a pair of wading boots.

All those who believe in Telekinesis, please raise my hand.

50.67% of all statistics are made up.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:40 PM

The first pair of waders I tried were a pair of neoprene and I learned a valuable lesson.If you are prone to hike and fish very far or very quickly you can get overheated with the neoprene.I find that I can add some layers under the breathable microfiber type waders,if the weather or water gets too cold,or just a pair of jeans or shorts for early spring or late fall when it is alittle too cold for wet wading.I think you get a wider range of comfort with the breathable microfiber type.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 PM

Go with lightweight breathable. Still fine in winter if they are big enough to put some layers under. If you are still growing, don't spend a ton of $ on a pair without buying them big enough to "grow into". My first pair of breathables was a set of Orvis Clearwater, because the $ was affordable. I used them 2-3 times a week and they lasted for a little over a year. Really disappointing. I have put probably 5 tubes of aquaseal on them and they still leak like a sieve. I now have a pair of Patagonia's. Don't know the exact model, but they were considerably more than the Clearwaters. I'm glad I spent the extra $ but probably could have found a better value. Keep in mind that I fish hard and cover a lot of territory in a short amount of time because I'm in the park mostly. Tailwater fishing seems to be a little more user friendly on boots and waders. Chris or Daniel at LRO will have some good advice on which way to go depending on your budget.