Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 07-06-2006, 11:03 PM

Default Clinch River Fishing Report

I was wondering if anyone has been fished the clinch in the last couple of days to provide me with a fishing report?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Clinch River Fishing Report

I've been up there the last two evenings after they stopped generating. *I fished just below the weir dam and had pretty good success. *Most of the fish I caught were caught on a 18 - 20 sized zebra midge dropper below a sulpher dry fly including a nice brown. *I did take a few on the dry as well but they seem to like the zebra midge the best. *Unfortunatley the last one I caught tonight I broke my rod tip

The best thing about fishing the Clinch, besides it's easyh access from West Knoxville, is that there are some really big fish in there. *The worst thing is that in can be crowded. *I love fishing in the smokies where you can just get away from it all. *I like the Clinch too for those evenings I can sneak up there after work.

All those who believe in Telekinesis, please raise my hand.

50.67% of all statistics are made up.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:50 AM

Now I was on the clinch Saturday below the weir dam and had a couple of hits off an olive size 10 wooly bugger but didn't have any luck on catching any fish though. If you have ever floated the clinch from millers island to behind the jail house, theres some pretty nice rainbows around peach orchard and behind the jail house some pretty big striper bass. But I think wading is more fun than floating it, though.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:10 PM

Fished in the Weir pool the past couple of mornings and did well on 18-20 Zebra Midges. Used an 18 BHPT below the Weir with good luck earlier in the week. The Clinch is my favorite place to fish!!