Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 07-16-2006, 09:22 AM

Default Lynn Camp Prong Sat July 15th 2006

Met up with redc4man and we fished upper Lynn Camp Prong in the pm. It was very warm and muggy to say the least. I managed to land maybe 10 small bow's and it was not easy. There were many small fish and they just nibbled. No real hatches today and then we got soaked around 7 pm when a shower came through. We met a couple of fly fishermen from FL who said they had caught a few of a little better size. I guess we fished behind them. That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it . We quit a few minutes before 8 pm and did the hour long hike back. It was a nice afternoon but fishing was not where it should be. Anyway, with water temp as high as 65 up at Panther Creek I can understand why it was hard. The rain actually raised the temp from 64 to 65. Very interesting.

Talked to Byron, Paula and Daniel for a long while and I need to not tie them up as much they got a job to do and it doesn't include listening to my ramblings.

Old 07-16-2006, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Lynn Camp Prong Sat July 15th 2006

We'll get 'em next time Hans. I still had a great time and I'm not feeling too bad this morning. Guess it was to hot for the bears and snakes as well. Looking forward to next time! Kevin
Old 07-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Talked to Byron, Paula and Daniel for a long while and I need to not tie them up as much they got a job to do and it doesn't include listening to my ramblings.
Hans

That is *exactly* our job! *Always a pleasure to see you and to visit with you! *8-)

Paula
Old 07-16-2006, 04:48 PM

Thanks Paula. I'm going to have to spend some money in the store this fall. It's been awhile since I bought anything besides small replenishment items. I talked to Daniel about keeping aluminium rod tubes in stock and he showed me some. I'm going to build a rod this fall after fishing season is over for me read Nov. I will need a tube and I'm buying a battenkill disc 3/4 reel to go with it. I am anxiously waiting for the online store to take shape.