Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-03-2006, 03:10 PM

Default Middle Prong of Pigeon River

Has anyone ever fished the Middle Prong of the pigeon River? Specifically the section that runs through pittman Center in Sevier county? I know it is a stocked stream but I've never fished it. Would it be too low and hot this time of year? What's the chances of catching something over 8"?

I'm looking to expand my fishing areas . i'm not interested in tailwaters and I've fished the Smokies out . Any suggestions?
Old 08-03-2006, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Middle Prong of Pigeon River

There are so many wild streams around it is not that hard to find them on your own. I fish a stream that has 20" browns all through it and people drive by all the time to get to stocked water.Research my friend, and trial and error.Pick up a Delorme map and go nuts. When you do find one that holds fish it makes the whole experience better.BUT,for some fine Bourbon and good cigars I will gladly take you to a couple,blindfolded of course

Kyle
Old 08-03-2006, 07:49 PM

I can't provide the bourbon and the cigars but I'll trade you a fishing trip for a bird hunting trip this winter . I don't know where any quail are but I know where we can look for some and my Brittany would be happy to come along and help .
I guess I did souond like I was looking for someone's secret spot. *I apologise for that, but that wasn't my intentions. *
I've certainly put my time in on the blue lines . *I've even struck gold a few times myself, maybe not a stream with 20" browns that runs along an easy access road, but I've found some good urns.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:38 AM

Russ! I see fishermen on the lower East Prong of Little Pigeon in Pittman Ctr but I believe they are catching most of the stockers in the Spring and possibly late fall. In the summer I believe it will be mostly rock bass and probably smallmouth. I also think most of it is on private property. I really don't know much about the details for it. Why don't you try some tailwaters? Clinch, Hiwassee, etc. of course you are dictated by the generation schedule. I'm still hoping you want to do another smokies trip before winter. I know you say you are fished out in the montains but we can find a spot you haven't done yet.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:35 AM

Hans, It looks like I'll be in the smokies again this saturday. There are hundreds of miles of streams that i havn't fished yet.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:57 AM

I went there last night and there is a LOT of water right now. They must of had quite a bit of rain above there. The fishing is always pretty good through there but it is mostly on private property. There are a few public spots that produce some good sized stockers as well as some smaller native rainbows too. Standard dry fly/nymph dropper works pretty well, you will catch most of them on the dropper.

All those who believe in Telekinesis, please raise my hand.

50.67% of all statistics are made up.